It's always a fun day here in Dallas when...

Just wondering... when did that "curse" begin ?

On about the same time they fired Wade Phillips ?

I remember coming down to breakfast at the Sleep Inn on October 9, 2007. Still had my Bills garb on from the Monday nite meltdown at the hands of the Cowboys. This nice man still dressed in Dallas attire opens the paper, and in a loud voice snickers and proclaims "looks like the Cowboys did win after all, wasn't sure if I was dreaming".

Has anything good happened to Dallas since then? Sometimes you just have to wait for lady Karma to rear her ugly head :thumbsup:

Edited by Steve O

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You add 2 losses by the Bills(puts us right at 7) + one "aggressive"(read: stupid) owner in Jerra + draft books are already talking about Manziel being top 10, not top 5, and that yields:

an outside chance of trading down to Dallas's spot and absolutely raping them, because Manziel just might be on the board still at 7.

This would get us at least their #2, and possibly their #3. Definitely their #4. I would be just fine with that, because we could use the picks on O line, the biggest WR we can get, and an extra CB. Or, just go with the best O line available, then CB, the O line again, and if there's a TE laying around...etc.

The thing is: we have our skill positions, for once, well covered. I don't get the LB talk at all. Not saying it's wrong, I just don't understand it.

In all cases, Jerra and Dan Synder both being desperate in the same year? That means somebody's getting a great pay day. The only problem? Snyder's short on picks. And, the kooky Rams are ahead of us.

And, why is all of this possible? Because Tony Romo is an ESPN Big Market contraption. And, far too many people have been duped by the marketing. But, not Jerra. Jerra is precisely the kind of owner who would cut Romo loose, cap hell or not. He's exactly the kind of guy who would trade up to get Maziel, or whoever.

Jerra can't stand not being in the spotlight. Same thing with Snyder.

Cowboy fans irk me the most. You find them everywhere with no real ties to the team. They are mindless sleep following the crowd and the marketing campain that the Cowboys have been doing for years. Most can't tell you more than 1 or 2 players on the team and rarely even watch them play. They'll check out the standing once in a while just to see if they have a reason to crow. They are the epitome of band wagon fans.

I have met many Cowboy's fans and they are all like this.

You add 2 losses by the Bills(puts us right at 7) + one "aggressive"(read: stupid) owner in Jerra + draft books are already talking about Manziel being top 10, not top 5, and that yields:

an outside chance of trading down to Dallas's spot and absolutely raping them, because Manziel just might be on the board still at 7.

This would get us at least their #2, and possibly their #3. Definitely their #4. I would be just fine with that, because we could use the picks on O line, the biggest WR we can get, and an extra CB. Or, just go with the best O line available, then CB, the O line again, and if there's a TE laying around...etc.

The thing is: we have our skill positions, for once, well covered. I don't get the LB talk at all. Not saying it's wrong, I just don't understand it.

In all cases, Jerra and Dan Synder both being desperate in the same year? That means somebody's getting a great pay day. The only problem? Snyder's short on picks. And, the kooky Rams are ahead of us.

And, why is all of this possible? Because Tony Romo is an ESPN Big Market contraption. And, far too many people have been duped by the marketing. But, not Jerra. Jerra is precisely the kind of owner who would cut Romo loose, cap hell or not. He's exactly the kind of guy who would trade up to get Maziel, or whoever.

Jerra can't stand not being in the spotlight. Same thing with Snyder.

We're on the same page....from a PURE marketing perspective, is it not a Win/Win/Win/Win for Jerruh/Johnny Football/NFL/ESPN to have Johnny Football become a Dallas Cowboy?

Before his first pro snap, he will be an endorsement king. The NFL will be nauseatingly all-over it, as will ESPN. The fans will have no choice but to be recharged. No matter what my personal feelings are on Dallas, it's almost like it was meant to be.

If he is at least respectable in the combine then smokes his pro day....he should go towards the top/middle 1st round.

Their trading up for Johnny Football has a very real element because they do not have TR's replacement on that team and he's a fit for that franchise in so many ways. Simple-minded fan misperception? So QBR is the only stat on a QB that matters and not how he performs at the most crucial times in the game/season? I think there are a lot of people that would disagree with you.

Their Defense is most definitely going to see a lot of change probably starting with the coordinator……their D has been sh-t all season. What has happened for 10 years+ now is their Franchise QB teasing them up only to let them down HARD at the end of the season with big time choking. He has played with good defenses, playoff caliber defenses and lousy ones. His QBR is fantastic…..but he SUCKS in the clutch at the end of every season. I don't think it's a simple minded viewpoint at all if you're a fan of that franchise to blame Romo. Lot of data to support it.

A lot of people would disagree with me except the one that matters the most. Jerry Jones. Fans in no way direct what he decides.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10152810/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-owner-supports-tony-romo

A lot of people would disagree with me except the one that matters the most. Jerry Jones. Fans in no way direct what he decides.

http://espn.go.com/d...ports-tony-romo

Jerry Jones believes he's doing a fantastic job as GM and hiring someone to act as GM is unnecessary. If you understand his view of what the GM is expected to do in his organization you'll know why. Jerry thinks the job of the 'personnel guys' is to bring the facts about a specific player to the owner, lay out their arguments, present the alternatives, and then sit back and let the owner make the final decision. The GM in his mind is absolutely not a person that is capable or empowered to make a decision without full involvement and consent from the owner. This isn't meddling, this is micro-managing the organization and having such a bloated ego that you believe you're the smartest guy in the room no matter what the subject. I'd be surprised if the guy in the mail room can lick a stamp at Cowboy Stadium without getting approval. Business marketing, football personnel, deep space astronomy, you name it. Jerry's the guy.

And after all, its his money and the Cowboys are the 'toy' he paid for. Why should he pay somebody else to play with it? He won't get rid of Romo if only because doing so will be an admission that his judgment about TR was incorrect. And for an ego-maniac to admit they are wrong is near impossible. So maybe the folks here thinking he might target Manziel are right because in Jerry's world the Cowboys always believe the team is just one player away and Johnny Football is the guy that can create the buzz they need to keep the dream alive for at least another season.