EJ Manuel IS our franchise QB

HSerotte

Drew Brees is not a franchise QB. Aaron Rogers is so bad we need to keep 37 year old Favre. I think this guy bagging my groceries will win a SuperBowl. Do you believe Peyton's kid brother and the stiff from Delaware think they are elite QB's??? What did Thurman and Talley say the Bills needed to improve after the Cleveland loss? QB.

Like Jim Mora Sr. said... None of us know and we never will.

EJ will be the starter next year. I am perfectly fine with them drafting a QB the likes of Mike Glennon in the mid rounds. Get a true #1 WR in the draft, FA, or via trade. Upgrade TE and LG. Get rid of Graham. Then give the kid a chance.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when they win between 4 and 7 games what will the story be then? I'm just tired of this endless treadmill of failure. I wanted Manuel to be the guy, and I haven't completely given up on him, but I am starting to think the best move is picking another QB in the draft.

This.

Am I the only one who still believes in him? I believe that next year he will take a huge step forward and we will be in playoff contention. He has the body, leadership, mind, legs and arm to be a great QB. Somewhere along the line at FSU, someone seriously messed up his throwing mechanics. It affects his accuracy, and everyone can see it. But WHEN, not IF, he figures it out, this Bills team is going to be good. Its hard to see now but bright things are ahead, put trust into Marrone, Manuel and Whaley.

Based on what? This year is just another in the continuation of his college credentials.

I think ej could be a real good qb under the right circumstances. Unfortunatly, this.is the bills were talkin about

I dont want a real good qb. If you guaranteed me that EJ would become "real good" i would demand we draft a qb in the first round next year.

We need a Franchise QB. One who burns to be the best qb in the history of football.

I dont want to wait 3-4 years to see if EJ can "become" Matt Schaub or Alex Smith or Sam Bradford or Carson Palmer "under the right circumstances."

Edited by maddenboy

He's started 9 games, give the kid a chance. His potential is unlimited...big, strong, athletic, smart and willing to work to become the best. After 20 starts then make some judgements.

He looked bad Sunday because his offensive line couldn't block the TB D-line, even when they were playing 2 deep. That's pretty tough on any QB.

draft competition not a replacement. Make them earn the job again. If I remember there were a dozen "it has to be EJ" threads in preseason. Not ready to

move on from him but ready to push him to prove weather he can or not. Full off season and we will see.

Should have taken Nassib in the 4th round I'm tellin ya

I agree with this. I think Nassib would have been way better than EJ to this point. I also highly doubt they would have had to scale back the play book for him. They effed up twice, by taking EJ so high and not taking Nassib at all.

I wonder if they can pry him away from the Giants?

No doubt in my mind they are second guessing themselves about the draft. The old what if....

Edited by old school

Unfortunately when you have a legitimate franchise qb you can just see it by the results. Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck have it. EJ does not. He does not complete passes that keep drives alive. 10 15 yard passes that i see these guys complete. And yes i am judging him by his peers that are competing at the highest level. EJ just dumps it to his backs over and over like.......Trentative. He just seems to have no feel for the game. Sorry we need a real qb. He is a nice stand up guy but he just doesn't have what it takes to compete at this level. Its alright for whaley and company to say he isn't the guy. Drafting qbs isn't a science. Its not ok to sit here and not a draft a qb in a draft rich with talent. It doesn't matter how many talented guys we draft at other positions without a legit franchise qb.

I wanted Manuel to be the guy, and I haven't completely given up on him, but I am starting to think the best move is picking another QB in the draft.

With the new rookie pay scale, it wouldn't be unreasonable to draft another first day QB. Drafting a QB in round 1 or 2 would be just like drafting any other position to better your team. Plus, drafting an early QB wouldn't necessarily mean we're giving up on EJ. More like an insurance policy. If EJ flops, we're still in a good position. If he develops, then we can flip our other QB.

draft competition not a replacement. Make them earn the job again. If I remember there were a dozen "it has to be EJ" threads in preseason. Not ready to

move on from him but ready to push him to prove weather he can or not. Full off season and we will see.

Great post. I think EJ needs to know we have an alternative waiting on the bench, just like any other position. This is football. There's competition.

I have seen flashes that EJ might be the guy moving forward. Too early to tell I think, but also too early to give up on him. One thing's for sure though. He has got to be better than he was last Sunday. Hopefully he will learn from it and put those lessons to good use. I still like him and hoping he proves me right.

Am I the only one who still believes in him? I believe that next year he will take a huge step forward and we will be in playoff contention. He has the body, leadership, mind, legs and arm to be a great QB. Somewhere along the line at FSU, someone seriously messed up his throwing mechanics. It affects his accuracy, and everyone can see it. But WHEN, not IF, he figures it out, this Bills team is going to be good. Its hard to see now but bright things are ahead, put trust into Marrone, Manuel and Whaley.

So how does a team draft someone that has messed up throwing mechanics in the first round. Accountability is needed here.

I have seen flashes that EJ might be the guy moving forward. Too early to tell I think, but also too early to give up on him. One thing's for sure though. He has got to be better than he was last Sunday. Hopefully he will learn from it and put those lessons to good use. I still like him and hoping he proves me right.

elaborate please

I agree with this. I think Nassib would have been way better than EJ to this point. I also highly doubt they would have had to scale back the play book for him. They effed up twice, by taking EJ so high and not taking Nassib at all.

No doubt in my mind they are second guessing themselves about the draft. The old what if....

Have you actually seen Nassib play in the preseason? He was worse than awful. EJ is Montana compared to Nassib. Stop it already.

Dude missed the entire pre-season.

He missed 25% of the regular season.

He has mediocre weapons.

Hackett is a horrible coordinator.

Most rookies aren't good in year one.

Led game winnings drive Vs Carolina and should have VS Atlanta.

Yes, he has sucked at time but cut him some slack.

Please bring in a Veteran in the off season to complete though.

love this post

until the last statement, I like Thad Lewis as a backup, no washed up Carson Palmer muh fugga is going to do anything that Thad cant

but seriously....this post explains the reasons why EJ has not looked like Luck (bc no one does)

I dont want a real good qb. If you guaranteed me that EJ would become "real good" i would demand we draft a qb in the first round next year.

We need a Franchise QB. One who burns to be the best qb in the history of football.

I dont want to wait 3-4 years to see if EJ can "become" Matt Schaub or Alex Smith or Sam Bradford or Carson Palmer "under the right circumstances."

Who the hell can guarantee who's a franchise QB? Andrew Luck, the safest guarantee since Manning, is routinely behind by double digits in most of his games this year.

If the coaches want to draft another QB in the 1st round, if I was the GM, I'd fire them. To give up on a 1st round Qb after 9 games would be a fireable offense.

Who the hell can guarantee who's a franchise QB? Andrew Luck, the safest guarantee since Manning, is routinely behind by double digits in most of his games this year.

If the coaches want to draft another QB in the 1st round, if I was the GM, I'd fire them. To give up on a 1st round Qb after 9 games would be a fireable offense.

You were for the Bills drafting CJ Spiller when they had Lynch and Jackson. Why are you so dead set against competition at the QB position?

You were for the Bills drafting CJ Spiller when they had Lynch and Jackson. Why are you so dead set against competition at the QB position?

I'll bet you $100 if you can find anything before the draft about me wanting to draft Spiller. I want Bryan Bulaga. And I'm very happy to admit I'm wrong because Bulaga is very average, Spiller has the potential to be one of the top weapons in the NFL, and Lynch is a complete idiot. And you can play 2 rbs together.

You don't give up on a QB after one year. We might have a top 5 pick. How is that improving the team if we use that valuable resource on another QB? What if the new guy struggles, like most rookies? We spend another 1st round pick on a QB? You give EJ another year and if it's clear he's not the answer, draft a guy the following draft. But if your coaching staff flip flops on a QB they picked in the 1st round after a year, then that's not coaching staff you want.

I agree. Looks like there's at least three of us who wanted the Bills to select SU Orange QB Ryan Nassib.