Dear Mr. Brandon--the Toronto series must go

dezertbill

Here is a picture that prove why Bills games in Toronto suck.

first pic is the stadium when the Bills took the field on Sunday...

next pic is people in the stands for the anthem at the Ralph and at the Rogers Centre...Notice the difference..

third pic is the number of Falcons to Bills fans.

Not to forget the idiot in the Steelers jersey

CBF

post-10811-0-07448800-1386254343_thumb.jpg

post-10811-0-75720700-1386254489_thumb.jpg

post-10811-0-89911500-1386254646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize it is a generalization, but in general, from my experience Toronto Maple Leaf Fans hate the Sabres and I believe this sentiment carries over to the Bills games. They root against Buffalo simply because they are Buffalo. I live in Canada and hockey is way more important to these people than football. Hard to explain, but I just get the feeling that the hockey rivalry carries over to the Bills games. Toronto fans can't stand the thought of Buffalo winning at anything.

This is absolutely true. I hated these idiots who were just ANTI Buffalo (not even fans of any other NFL team) growing up in St.Catharines in the 90s. Keep in mind that is in Niagara, right next to Buffalo. The hatred of the Bills gets worse as you get closer to Toronto!

It's not so much that Canadians look down on Murica, they look down on Buffalo. Toronto prides on being a big city, the Canadian version of NYC.

And let's be honest, can you blame them. When I drive to Sabres' games, the area around First Niagara is very depressing. Orchard Park isn't much better, there's nothing going on there.

Jeez, it seem like only a week ago that there were a buch of posters here going on and on about how vital to the Bills existence in Buffalo these TO games were. I read all about the "corporate support" it has created and how Southern Ontario was now the Bills' second largest tuicket purchaser, etc, etc.

Here is a picture that prove why Bills games in Toronto suck.

first pic is the stadium when the Bills took the field on Sunday...

next pic is people in the stands for the anthem at the Ralph and at the Rogers Centre...Notice the difference..

third pic is the number of Falcons to Bills fans.

Not to forget the idiot in the Steelers jersey

CBF

The column those are taken form is great:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/its-time-to-pull-plug-on-rogers-in-toronto-damnit/

I hope thats sarcasm.....

CBF

Ummm, no. I am speaking from experience. I have lived in Canada for the past ten years and the majority of Canadians that I have encountered detest Americans and all things American although they would never admit it publicly. Amazing the things you hear when Canadians are speaking about America and don't know there's an American among them. Of course this doesn't apply to all, but from my experience it is a large majority and their air of percieved superiority is offensive.

ummm, no. the perspective is there. the proposed solution is different: field a good, consistent, winning team. the organization is and has been consistently profitable. perhaps relative to some larger franchises, not so much. but that's why it was bargain basement priced in 1960. buffalo has never been and never will be a highly desirable, glamorous city. but it has sustained a generally very bad nfl team quite nicely, thank you very much, for over 50 years. perhaps it no longer can as you suggest. the game in toronto isn't likely to change that. if that's the case, why not show some class, pull out all the stops and do your damndest to produce a winner? having a home game in a "neutral" site isn't in that description.

Re: to your comment, the poster "Trader" said this in the Regionalization thread:

"Boston household income is over 70k per year. Dallas is 56k per year. Both areas have many more residents that WNY, I will let you look up Buffalo metro income on your own. There are 20k unsold Miami Tickets. If there is no regionalization there is no NFL in Buffalo"

Looking backward at the "good old days" and thinking the status quo will remain the same under the next owner is a very flawed strategy in my opinion. Hope you're feeling lucky when the franchise goes up for sale.

the bills have sold 100% of the tickets for the Toronto games. Ralph has his money already in his pocket.

the games are official SELLOUTS and will always be on TV.

the fact that rogers is having difficulty "re-selling" them is a concern, but should improve over time.

regionalization of the southern Ontario market is working as evidenced by Canada passing Rochester in ticket sales at the Ralph.

Toronto newspapers, radio and TV all cover the Bills. worth millions in free advertising.

the bills have sold 100% of the tickets for the Toronto games. Ralph has his money already in his pocket.

the games are official SELLOUTS and will always be on TV.

the fact that rogers is having difficulty "re-selling" them is a concern, but should improve over time.

regionalization of the southern Ontario market is working as evidenced by Canada passing Rochester in ticket sales at the Ralph.

Toronto newspapers, radio and TV all cover the Bills. worth millions in free advertising.

russ is just blowing smoke. there is NO WAY he tries to undo the 5 year contract he just signed.

I just wonder if the NFL is expressing concern as the game got some bad press and is a failure in nearly every way. Plus multiple player complaints over terrible field conditions which could result in another lawsuit if ignored. I really dont think Brandon lets the toothpaste out of the tube there if there wasnt anything to it.

You also say Rogers should be able to improve over time. It isnt improving 6 years later, and is going the other way. This isn't regionalizing Bills football. By all accounts this is an awful representation of Bills football and the NFL. Honestly, how many people have you encountered at games or here have said that the genesis of being a Bills fan was attending a Bills in Toronto Series game?

Regionalization is natural IMO and the resurgence of the Canadian dollar and huge increase of Canadian traffic across the border is the prevailing factor in the increase in CDN ticket sales.

There are many, many ways to market to Canadians for games here in Orchard Park. Partner up with malls and hotels and put together weekend packages and bus people in... I dont know.

I think once we all admit this is what it is: Easy money for Mr Wilson, and a dress rehearsal for Rogers to own an NFL team, it will get easier to dissect.

Didn't someone post that the Bills could walk away from the deal at any time.

Is that true?

CBF

John Kryk of the Toronto Sun explains that, if the Bills want out, the powers-that-be in Toronto will have to agree. Otherwise, as Kryk reports, it's ironclad.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/05/bills-could-have-a-hard-time-getting-out-of-toronto/

Edited by papazoid

Winning cures everything...

That stadium would be packed with most everyone wearing Bills Jerseys if the Bills were 10-2 like the Broncos or 11-1 like Seattle.

If this team somehow ends up in Canada, then it will be with one less fan.

+1 The so-called "marketing genius" should hire an actual marketing genius (ME!) --- I'd say one thing "FOCUS EVERY EFFORT ON WINNING GAMES" --- it's been almost a decade and a half since the playoffs -- my son is in 10th grade and has yet to see a winning Bills team --- the Bills are like a restaurant that serves bad food and wonders why no one goes there to eat -- so, what do they do, they cater the same crap food to another city and another restaurant and wonder why those people don't like it --- the food stinks --- fix the food and people will go there to eat --- marketing 101,

+1 The so-called "marketing genius" should hire an actual marketing genius (ME!) --- I'd say one thing "FOCUS EVERY EFFORT ON WINNING GAMES" --- it's been almost a decade and a half since the playoffs -- my son is in 10th grade and has yet to see a winning Bills team --- the Bills are like a restaurant that serves bad food and wonders why no one goes there to eat -- so, what do they do, they cater the same crap food to another city and another restaurant and wonder why those people don't like it --- the food stinks --- fix the food and people will go there to eat --- marketing 101,

in other words, you have indigestion because at the ralph, the away food is better than the home food ?

I think once we all admit this is what it is: Easy money for Mr Wilson, and a dress rehearsal for Rogers to own an NFL team, it will get easier to dissect.

this....and people wonder why wilson is disliked. i often wonder why he isn't even more.