Blues Brothers Mall Car Scene - Lego Style

The Poojer

"New Oldsmobiles are in early this year!"

The thing about that scene I always thought interesting: Funny seeing a Jewel (supermarket) in a shopping mall. Ahead of its time for 1980?

Does anybody remember a mall having a supermarket? Access from the outside and then inside? Kinda of a funny anchor store. Back in the day? Get the other stuff first and then the food and leave? WTF would be pushing a grocery buggy around a mall? LoL...

What a tremendous amount of work to put that together. Awesome! That movie used to be on all the time in the 90's, now it never airs. Also loved the scene at Bob's Country Bunker, Ray's Music Exchange, the soul food joint with Aretha Franklin, and the scene where Jake "sees the light" at the evangelical church. :thumbsup:

"New Oldsmobiles are in early this year!"

The thing about that scene I always thought interesting: Funny seeing a Jewel (supermarket) in a shopping mall. Ahead of its time for 1980?

Does anybody remember a mall having a supermarket? Access from the outside and then inside? Kinda of a funny anchor store. Back in the day? Get the other stuff first and then the food and leave? WTF would be pushing a grocery buggy around a mall? LoL...

Wasn't there a Dubel's groecery store in the Como Mall?

What a tremendous amount of work to put that together. Awesome! That movie used to be on all the time in the 90's, now it never airs. Also loved the scene at Bob's Country Bunker, Ray's Music Exchange, the soul food joint with Aretha Franklin, and the scene where Jake "sees the light" at the evangelical church. :thumbsup:

Actually I've seen it on twice in the last couple of weeks. It's definitely one of those movies that you find at odd-hours.

Illinois Nazi's?

Apparently that's where they are Exiled in....

Yes, but I can't remember where. It would have been early 1980's in the central NY area. Maybe Poojer knows.