The Long Ball

zow2

It's pretty clear that EJ's long passes needs some work. To my untrained eye, it appears that his passes downfield are Flat...meaning they don't have much arcing trajectory....meaning they need to be deadly accurate to hit his target. Watching Russell Wilson last night, his passes are like rainbows that allow the WR to run underneath the ball or adjust on the ball as they can. Even Thad Lewis throws those high arcing deep passes.

I'm concerned about EJ. He has a great arm but and he needs to give his guys a chance downfield to run under these passes.

Early in his career, Wilson wasn't completing those passes. Tom Brady was a game manager his first couple of years. People need to step back and realize he is a rookie who has missed 6 weeks of his first season in the NFL. If this is year 3, you worry. But the guy has played 8 games and just came off losing a game despite scoring 31 points.

Early in his career, Wilson wasn't completing those passes. Tom Brady was a game manager his first couple of years. People need to step back and realize he is a rookie who has missed 6 weeks of his first season in the NFL. If this is year 3, you worry. But the guy has played 8 games and just came off losing a game despite scoring 31 points.

Its funny, and i can argue both sides.....but if you support the QB, he needs more time.....if you don't support the QB, you (not you particularly) can proclaim he sucks with complete certainty.

yup +1

By week 14...Wilson was throwing those deep balls.

Adjusted for injury, he was by week 9 too.

It's pretty clear that EJ's long passes needs some work. To my untrained eye, it appears that his passes downfield are Flat...meaning they don't have much arcing trajectory....

It's pretty clear that EJ's long passes are practically non existent when SJ is on the field

SJ : me, me, oh throw it to me !!!!

really think about it. EJs best games are minus SJ

It's pretty clear that EJ's long passes are practically non existent when SJ is on the field

SJ : me, me, oh throw it to me !!!!

really think about it. EJs best games are minus SJ

EJ's career high in passing was 296 against Carolina, where SJ caught the game winning pass. :)

By week 14...Wilson was throwing those deep balls.

Adjusted for injury, he was by week 9 too.

Nah....he really wasn't.

His longest pass(including run after catch) in his first 9 games was 51 yards.

Wilson's longest passes(including run after catch) in each of his first 11 games were:

27, 22, 41, 17, 30, 51, 36, 19, 23, 38, 32

EJ's longest passes(including run after catch) in each of his first 8 games were:

19, 45, 33, 42, 24, 23, 43, 33

Conclusion: No conclusion can be garnered at this point in time.

EJ's career high in passing was 296 against Carolina, where SJ caught the game winning pass. :)

yet no good deep passes

let me ask - How many points were scored by the O in those games? 16, 17, 23, 24? (the average at that time) the D scored a TD in a few games earlier in the season.

Can we agree that the DEEP passes in the NYETS games were executed perfectly, and 37 points w/o SJ.

I also thought that the 31 points showed a good performance as well, but (IIRC) there were fewer deep balls

the 2 deep passes that I recall, the Refs allowed the Falcons to interfere with Woods on both plays

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

because the defender locked arms with him both times 10 yards from the LOS

I saw this too. There were a lot of questionable calls made in that game for sure, but definitely a lot of calls that weren't made as well. Edited by WesDog91