Grantland Takedown of the Toronto Series

Bills1218

Interesting perspective from Barnwell that quantifies how much the Toronto series hurts competitively and how the financial benefits just aren't worth it. Discussion begins after the section on the Redskins - http://www.grantland...ell-week-13-nfl

he estimates a $3 million bonus for the game to be in toronto as opposed to at the stadium bearing the owners name. i've seen higher estimates. but it sure seems low to sell out on a possible win (the ref bias theory is especially believable and interesting) and more importantly, on selling out the loyal, long suffering fans. it's really a big goober of spit right in every biils fans eye.

I guess you can`t comment on the game in Toronto now. Been denied 3 times.Hmnn?

Everyone that follows the NFL knows this. The fans made the most noise when the Birds nailed that field goal in O.T. 39,000 fans and they were giving away piles of tickets to reach that. Hope that money was much needed Ralph. The series has been a huge sucksess.

I think what the Bills need to do is honor its season ticket holders. Whether all or just the veteran (make up an time frame) or all season ticket holders, it would change the crowd and the environment. Include Toronto in the package and get guys up there.

What's funny is if you read the Atlanta boards their fans are just as upset about winning this game as we are about blowing it. They want a top 5 draft pick badly and winning screws it up. Anyway, my takeaway is that we are 1-5 in the Toronto games and the law of averages will start even-ing out SOON,,,and will probably coincide with the Bills getting better in 2014.

it just sucks, always has, always will.. it is embarrassing actually. we are considered one of the most loyal fan bases in the NFL( some have us at number one). the usual bulls#$$%t about expanding the market rings hollow, at least to me. either we can, or cant , support an NFL team.. screw the market size etc.. i have heard it all.. just in a bad mood after watching how the game unfolded and totally agreeing with jerry sullivan today..

It's served it's purpose. We stole a lot of money for very meaningless games. We may have expanded our brand with a few Canadians (most would rather come to games in Buffalo anyways). We proved Toronto is a joke as a NFL market. But now that hopefully (please) the Bills might be a legit team, it's time to end this little experiment. It was a long shot this year but that awful atmosphere in Toronto could be the difference in a playoff berth. Playing a dome team in a dome as a home game is an absolute joke.

I think what the Bills need to do is honor its season ticket holders. Whether all or just the veteran (make up an time frame) or all season ticket holders, it would change the crowd and the environment. Include Toronto in the package and get guys up there.

Not possible all season ticket holders get tickets because its more than the capacity in the Rogers Centre most years...