Trent Richardson benched

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wanted to add a physical power running element to their offense which is helpful in cold weather, short yardage/goal line, in the 4th with a lead, or against quicker defenses. They had the right idea, just the wrong player.

Poor Jim Irsay. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

They wanted him to run Pep Hamilton's Stanford offense in Indy and the RBs they had weren't cut out for the power run game once Vic Ballard got hurt. But even Polian publicly questioned it considering they are a dome team and really should be more built on speed.

The Colts would be so tough right now if she had given that 1st rounder for Josh Gordon instead. And pretty sure the Browns would have bit on that too. They know how talented he is but he is a flight risk with the drug program.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Trent Richardson will end up in the hall of fame one day.

It is inevitable. Cleveland is the only team whose bad luck rivals our own.

Yep, I live in Columbus since 1997 and although never a fan of the Browns i kind of always felt bad for their fans (identified with them, mostly) but then once the TNF game this year happened I really don't like them and hope they keep losing. Watching their players and fans cheer EJ's injury just pissed me off.

He's a RB from Alabama.

How does that explain Rookie of the Year candidate Eddie Lacy, the Alabama running back who's been superb?

IMO, he has not had a good OL in Indy due to injuries and has not been able to overcome that like some elite backs can.

Incorrect.

Colts' running back Donald Brown has 71 carries for 378 yards which is a 5.3 ypc average.

Richardson's numbers are 139 carries for 411 yards which is a 3.0 ypc average.

Yup. OL is a big problem on Indy right now. Even Luck is running for his life at times.

See above.

The biggest change in the Colts' offense this season was the loss of Hall of Fame receiver Reggie Wayne. Their offense has taken a dramatic downturn since his injury in week 5.

There was a thread on here two weeks ago where people were still arguing that Cleveland did not get the better of that trade. They gave got a 1st for a guy that is currently backing up Donald Brown.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/161766-wgr-reports-trade-colts-browns/page__hl__colts

Also Donald Brown's yards per carry has increased since the Colts acquired Richardson.

I never really followed TR. Somebody explain what they think his problem is.

Poor vision. Doesn't break any runs. As much as he may run hard, he runs right into tackles constantly.

TRich is useful in the pass game, can catch and block pretty well, which puts him slightly ahead of the usual plodders.

I guess it's just easy to look good when you play at Alabama.

Yep, I live in Columbus since 1997 and although never a fan of the Browns i kind of always felt bad for their fans (identified with them, mostly) but then once the TNF game this year happened I really don't like them and hope they keep losing. Watching their players and fans cheer EJ's injury just pissed me off.

You can't hold that against them. I think they were bitter because we knocked Hoyer out. we are kindred spirits with browns fans.

Thought it was a great trade by Cleveland at the time and posted as such. Bills should have done the same with Spiller. I posted that too and got blasted for it. Well now we sit at 4-8, out of the playoffs with a guy who wasn't even on the field for the most important drive of the game, and will likely be a training camp hold out next year.

Thought it was a great trade by Cleveland at the time and posted as such. Bills should have done the same with Spiller. I posted that too and got blasted for it. Well now we sit at 4-8, out of the playoffs with a guy who wasn't even on the field for the most important drive of the game, and will likely be a training camp hold out next year.

In his 3 best games of the year (KC, Carolina, Atlanta), the Bills won 1 and essentially blew the other 2. In a year where he has dealt with a high ankle sprain, he is still tied for 2nd amongst rbs in ypc. Clearly, Spiller is the problem.

There is zero comparison between Richardson and Spiller except they were drafted in the 1st round. Richardson is a slow, plodding rb who basically got to play behind a NFL o line in college. Spiller put Clemson back on the map and is the 2nd most explosive back in the NFL next to Adrian Peterson. You don't get better by trading good players.