Trent Richardson benched

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are the people who said the Browns were doomed without T Rich, or that the very integrity of the league was in jeopardy due to such a shameful giveaway by the Browns. Edited by mannc

I'll be one to admit I thought Cleveland had packed it in and was tanking it this year, with the hope of a brighter future. Looks like they knew exactly what they were doing.

I never really followed TR. Somebody explain what they think his problem is.

IMO, he has not had a good OL in Indy due to injuries and has not been able to overcome that like some elite backs can. He had a better OL in Cleveland but no real passing threat so it surprises me that playing with Luck he has been worse.

IMO, he has not had a good OL in Indy due to injuries and has not been able to overcome that like some elite backs can. He had a better OL in Cleveland but no real passing threat so it surprises me that playing with Luck he has been worse.

Does he catch well? Or was Luck's vertical game supposed to take the heat of him running straight up?

That is interesting, without knowing him, I was wondering if the classic runningback/running game is dead in the NFL. Just too much work and wear and tear in such a big demanding league. Sure a running game still has its advantages... BUT, it is not the cornerstone it used to be.

He's a RB from Alabama.

:lol::wallbash:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yup. OL is a big problem on Indy right now. Even Luck is running for his life at times.

Nice draft, Holmgren.

Exactly. They botched that draft. They should have just swung the trade for RGIII. I am glad they didn't. That Cleveland roster with RGIII would have been a bigger obstacle than Indianapolis. The Browns might get a QB this year but there won't be a talent like RGIII. Credit them for fleecing Indy but the decision to draft Richardson was a major failure.

http://sports.yahoo....37755--nfl.html

Colts are looking more foolish every day.

PTR

I agree. Trading Hughes to us was a bad decision by them (IMHO, the Bills got the better end of the deal)

But the Trent Richardson trade takes the cake. A very good QB can cover up a lot of faults but items like this eventually catch up with the team in the long term,

Gotta give the Browns credit here. This is looking like a great deal for them. The Colts will survive, but they got fleeced

No one held a gun to the Colts' head. It was a conscious, and in retrospect, a stupid deal.

Excuses. A 'lesser' RB like Fred Jackson overcome similar conditions to keep trudging on year after year. Also, Adrian Peterson has not had a good QB to help the running game .