20 things that rich people do (compared to poor people)

\GoBillsInDallas/

That was the OTHER 50% of the 3%. :thumbsup:

I raised four kids. There were times when a day off meant only going to one job.

I remember one summer I had one day off from working at my dad's restaurant. My mom woke me up to tell me he called and said someone called in sick and I had to work. I was pretty much still asleep and I told my mom no. Biggest mistake I ever made that summer.

you sound like a great father Rockpile. You did what you had to do for your family. not to many men out there would do that.

Thanks for the kind words.

Mrs Rock is still working two jobs, but now it is "by choice"!

My children are grown and they are really good people. I have much to be thankful for! :thumbsup:

Nice to see he thinks it's so black and white. Here's a look at it from the other side which I found very interesting....

http://www.huffingto..._b_4326233.html

It's certainly true that wealth affords the opportunity for a healthier life style, be it food quality, education, better child rearing, opportunity for mental relaxation, etc.

However the author of that piece seems to take just as black and white a view from the poor side, excusing all manner of irresponsible behavior under the 'I'm poor' excuse. I appreciate her honesty in trying to provide insight into her mindset, but I hope she understands that "my financial decisions don't matter because 'I'll always be poor" is a huge cop-out and the reason she hasn't seen more sympathy to date (prior to becoming an internet star).

Very few people in this country are born with enough wealth or in deep enough poverty where their decisions and actions don't materially contribute to how they end up. No one is saying that it's not harder if you're born poor, but at some point we're all responsible for our own lives.

Edited by KD in CT