20 things that rich people do (compared to poor people)

\GoBillsInDallas/

i am pretty sure that list is BS...but need to know what definition is of wealthy.I think i know a few wealthy folks...not owning a pro sports team wealthy, but C level folks at at Fortune 100's , old money here in Richmond etc. All the stuff with the kids i do not see...and the audio books stuff is garbage too.

The eating and exercise i agree with, the goal setting as well.

It's all good stuff but it implies being rich vs poor is a result of those choices as opposed to the fact that not struggling to make ends meet makes it easier to make good decisions (having better role models, education, and peer examples all play a role as well)

I use this article when teaching medical students to better understand the challenges our patients face that are so different from most of their life experience

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2009-05-18/news/36823675_1_poverty-line-middle-class-milk

To me it sounds like a list of habits developed by people raised in good families. For example, reading is a habit developed at a young age, mostly when parents take time to read to their children. That's why poverty is so insidious. It's a lot easier to be around for your kids when the wolves aren't at your door. Grant it, having money doesn't instantly make you a better parent, nor does being poor make you a lousy one. But it's a lot easier when you aren't working all day just to get by.

PTR

7. 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% of poor.

Yeah, and 50% of that 3% are driving their 'children' to go pick up the family welfare check.

Sorry, you spelled a couple of words wrong there. I corrected them for you. :D

To me it sounds like a list of habits developed by people raised in good families. For example, reading is a habit developed at a young age, mostly when parents take time to read to their children. That's why poverty is so insidious. It's a lot easier to be around for your kids when the wolves aren't at your door. Grant it, having money doesn't instantly make you a better parent, nor does being poor make you a lousy one. But it's a lot easier when you aren't working all day just to get by.

PTR

this. networking? are the poor to network on the bus or subway on the commute to one of their part time jobs? perhaps someone will lend them the money for dues to a country club so they can meet important contacts there. this survey is as ridiculous as chef's comment.

this. networking? are the poor to network on the bus or subway on the commute to one of their part time jobs? perhaps someone will lend them the money for dues to a country club so they can meet important contacts there. this survey is as ridiculous as chef's comment.

Don't you watch the movies? All you need to get into a country club is a members name. Then you can hob nob with other members, have massages, order drinks, until that member gets their bill.

Don't you watch the movies? All you need to get into a country club is a members name. Then you can hob nob with other members, have massages, order drinks, until that member gets their bill.

never thought of that. and then they can talk business strategy in the cart while throwing the round to some influential politician and repeating "nice shot' a lot. i'll bet lots of big opportunities would result from that.

never thought of that. and then they can talk business strategy in the cart while throwing the round to some influential politician and repeating "nice shot' a lot. i'll bet lots of big opportunities would result from that.

There may be no doubt that the poor have to work harder at some of these things with fewer resources to do so. However, there is little excuse for not taking care of your health and maximizing the opportunities that are available to you. There are plenty of examples of people overcoming their circumstances through hard work and persistence.

There may be no doubt that the poor have to work harder at some of these things with fewer resources to do so. However, there is little excuse for not taking care of your health and maximizing the opportunities that are available to you. There are plenty of examples of people overcoming their circumstances through hard work and persistence.

There are plenty of fat rich people. They just hire someone to exercise for them.

Sorry, you spelled a couple of words wrong there. I corrected them for you. :D

That was the OTHER 50% of the 3%. :thumbsup:

Nice to see he thinks it's so black and white. Here's a look at it from the other side which I found very interesting....

http://www.huffingto..._b_4326233.html

I raised four kids. There were times when a day off meant only going to one job.