Trade TH & next years 1st for..

Bob4Bills

Next years 1st for Drew ('02); PP for a 1st ('03); next years 1st for JP('04). TD obviously toying with 1st's and with so much $$ for unproven talent, it is making sense, if unique. So let's go with that thought. Any hope of keeping TH here through his cheap contract is gone, so let's whip up some combo concepts.

TH +NY's 1st for Sweeney (i.e.)

:D

i didnt get any of that but here is my 2 cents..

trading first round picks for other draft picks is no big deal. (JP, E. Manning, Rivers....)

but trading a 1st round pick for a veteran is rare, unless he player is a young pro-bowl player who looks like they can make a huge diffrence in your team. (P. Price)

the draft is a gamble. so a 3rd rounder could be the next B. Sanders. so you have high hopes.

with a veteran, you know what you are getting. most likly not B. Sanders.

would you trade a second rounder for a garenteed 1300+ yard RB.

or gamble and draft a RB in the second round who MIGHT get 900 yards or MIGHT get 2000 yards per season.

with the salary cap, most teams will gample on a low cap hit draft pick, rather than sign a high cap hit garenteed starter.

I have to believe that TD will pull off some magic in order to pull into the first round. Perhaps a third team will jump into the Travis Henry potential trade to Miami.

Such as...

(1) Team X gives Miami it's first round pick for a Miami player and Miami's second pick next year.

(2) Miami gives Buffalo Team X's first round pick, for Travis Henry.

I assure you that TD is planning for a major chess match come this spring.