First Obamacare Telling Us What Medical We Can Have. Now This

Dante

Looks like they are going to start telling us where we can live. What other punishments do they have in store for us? This country is one f'd up mess. What kills me is when I drive from the Bay Area to LA there is absolutely nothing but space for 5 or 6 hours of driving. Incredible they want to pack us in like we live in Tokyo or something.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303302504577323353434618474

Looks like they are going to start telling us where we can live. What other punishments do they have in store for us? This country is one f'd up mess. What kills me is when I drive from the Bay Area to LA there is absolutely nothing but space for 5 or 6 hours of driving. Incredible they want to pack us in like we live in Tokyo or something.

http://online.wsj.co...323353434618474

Who made jw governor of California?

Under Jerry Brown, California is about to become a sanctuary state. There are already pockets that are sanctuary cities, like San Francisco. But Brown intends to literally make the entire state a sanctuary for illegals.

After coming here 40-to-a-minivan, they'll be happy to live on top of each other in subsidized housing.

The problem is that they better hurry up, because Japan and China are buying up California with cash in hand, and the illegals will be boxed out of the market.

Let the libtards have (and destroy) their paradise. Everyone with money will pull out, taking their companies (and jobs) with them, and relocate to states with more rational laws.

But here's the problem. The liberals are moving out because it's too expensive and moving to more traditionally conservative areas and voting in their "progressive" ideas. I was out with my staff last night and had one of them tell me (for the third time) that CA's problems are all due to prop 13. Essentially saying there is not enough money going to the government due to caps on property taxes. And he had the gall to say he was fiscally conservative. They are so whacked up here.

But here's the problem. The liberals are moving out because it's too expensive and moving to more traditionally conservative areas and voting in their "progressive" ideas. I was out with my staff last night and had one of them tell me (for the third time) that CA's problems are all due to prop 13. Essentially saying there is not enough money going to the government due to caps on property taxes. And he had the gall to say he was fiscally conservative. They are so whacked up here.

Progressives absolutely hate Prop 13. Should they find a way to do away with it, I'd put my house on the market immediately and force our way out of here.

We primarily stay for my son at this point. Despite the wee-small-hours booze-soaked ramblings of people who despise the suburbs, we live in a great neighborhood with great people, friends, and tremendous access to all kinds of great food and culture. His school is great, the area is safe, and my family would be hard-pressed to be more blessed than we are right now.

But remove Prop 13 and we'd have to sell and move because when they're not soaking their livers, progressives are plotting ways to soak the middle class for every penny they can wrestle out of their hands, and property taxes would skyrocket almost immediately.

I think that he's not completely wrong about Proposition 13 being a problem - it was too draconian and hamstrung the state's finances too much. I don't really disagree with the premise of preventing people from being priced out of their homes, but it went too far. Though it did give rise to bureaucratic ingenuity with in assessing fees on everything.

However, the bigger problem is (as usual) the unconstrained spending. That's what libtards will never understand. There isn't unlimited money.

However, the bigger problem is (as usual) the unconstrained spending.

Which is why things like Prop 13 are necessary. To be quite frank, property taxes on individual homes should be done away with completely. The fact that the government can kick you out of something you've bought and paid for because you're not paying them a fee is absolutely criminal.

The fact that the government can kick you out of something you've bought and paid for because you're not paying them a fee is absolutely criminal.

If we're not careful, one day we'll wake up and find the feds forcing you to buy a product sold by the government from a store that can't stay open, and make you pay a fine you when you don't.

Progressives absolutely hate Prop 13. Should they find a way to do away with it, I'd put my house on the market immediately and force our way out of here.

We primarily stay for my son at this point. Despite the wee-small-hours booze-soaked ramblings of people who despise the suburbs, we live in a great neighborhood with great people, friends, and tremendous access to all kinds of great food and culture. His school is great, the area is safe, and my family would be hard-pressed to be more blessed than we are right now.

But remove Prop 13 and we'd have to sell and move because when they're not soaking their livers, progressives are plotting ways to soak the middle class for every penny they can wrestle out of their hands, and property taxes would skyrocket almost immediately.

Though we like our house here now i really liked our place in the 'burbs in OC. Your typical OC gated community but had everything we wanted. The elitists bastards can have SF. I liked living in the city but the people had nothing to do with it.