New GM, New Philosophy

ChanOverChin

Your response is based on your observations not fact. Which by definition makes it subjective. The statistic in the "bio"as you put it are the facts. This many games were won, this many bowl games, this many yards, and so on, those are the facts. You watched games , made observations and reached conclusions. My conclusions differ. Which would also make them subjective. I live in Florida and I also watched his games. I know a number of FSU fans and alumni and the majority would disagree with your conclusion. Manuel's time at FSU was spent in a rebuilding program. After Bowden's "retirement" the program had to be rebuilt. The talent around Manuel was not anywhere close to what is there today. The Oline was bad the receivers were not good and the RB were not remotely as good as the current group.

Objectivity is both a metaphysical and an epistemological concept. Whether human beings can be objective is a philosophical and sociological debate that has gone on for thousands of years. I could bore everyone with examples of what was perceived as objectivity but was not. Human objectivity is an oxymoron.

If you were just given the statistical facts of Manuel's career, not knowing who or what team, would you conclude that it was a successful career? You watched the games, I watched the games and we reached different conclusions. I am assuming that you as I reached your conclusion on Manuel before the draft. Does that make you objective and me subjective?

Oh so now I said he didn't have a successful career? It cracks me up when people want to call me on a specific and then want to make that look like some much broader criticism. He wasn't a dominant player. Bios can be misleading too.......a BCS bowl victory sounds impressive......until you realize it was Florida State University versus Northern Illinois. You want to see a college bio that looks dominant.......check out the Bills UDFA's......you will find some impressive bio's. D'arrick Rogers lead the SEC in receiving as a sophomore. You think Arthur Moats wasn't the best defensive player in his conference? You thought wrong! The road to the NFL is usually paved with trophies but true dominance is pretty clear to see compared to what EJ Manuel brought to FSU. Very raw prospect, but very talented. Prospects like Jameis Winston or Johnny Manziel.....these guys have been dominant and they are further advanced in most areas as underclassmen than EJ was as a senior. That is why they are elite prospects. EJ was not an elite prospect. Of course, neither was Tom Brady. Time will tell. I like EJ but I wouldn't stop my feet for him.....you gotta' keep pursuing that QB.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic