2013 Pro Bowl Balloting: Mario, Kyle, and Byrd Elected.

26CornerBlitz

He had a great year. But name recognition got him in the team over, say, Williams. I think Byrd got that same name recognition bump.

This. Polamalu is always a stud, but AW should have gotten a nod. Maybe he will get an alternate. Byrd should not have gotten in this year, glad he did, but also thought voting Von Miller was ridiculous. Dude missed 1/2 of the season.

Regarding the offense - not sure if anyone mentioned already but I thought Eric Wood got snubbed and that at LT Joe Thomas had a poor year and it was name recognition on his vote. He has been pretty bad.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, he seems to have a lot of respect around the league. I remember when some posters here said he was washed up after his big contract.

Be fair...KW was awful for two years. The run defense was historically bad. Now we know it was because he was hurt and playing on two bad feet. I don't think anyone questioned his effort at least I did not. Certainly looked like a bad contract the way he played in 2011 and 2012.

Be fair...KW was awful for two years. The run defense was historically bad. Now we know it was because he was hurt and playing on two bad feet. I don't think anyone questioned his effort at least I did not. Certainly looked like a bad contract the way he played in 2011 and 2012.

I am sure you didn't... but some said he was washed up. Just saying he clearly wasn't. The whole D was awful for 2 years except Byrd and maybe Mario (at times).

Kyle Williams was very good in '11. Downright dominating most of the time. I know it's fashionable to just say "run defense bad, DL sucks" but KW was not part of that problem and never has been, really. The overriding issue for the run D has been piss poor LB play more than anything else (Kyle Moore's lack of skill notwithstanding).

GO BILLS!!!