Would Ya?

Gary M

Me neither. I fully support someone that hunts for food. But I don't understand the mentality that kills animals simply to have something to post on facebook and a trophy for your wall.

I agree 100%.

Me neither. I fully support someone that hunts for food. But I don't understand the mentality that kills animals simply to have something to post on facebook and a trophy for your wall.

absolutely - thats the reason I dont hunt...I own guns and love to shoot, but I am not fond of venison so I dont hunt....i stick to the shooting range

everything about hunting is attractive to me, except eating the meat that comes with killing an animal...so I abstain

I've never understood why people hunt for sport....no!

“We do ethical hunting and all meat from animals hunted is distributed to the local community," a post on Maroi's Facebook page reads. "Funds generated from hunting goes towards fixing the border fence that was washed away in the 2013 floods, combating poaching, which is excessive in this area due to close proximity to Zimbabwe, and running a sustainable conservancy."

Not going on a rant here BUT I have hunted for many years and it is one of many things that my son and I enjoy doing together. Even my daughter went and sat out with me this season so she could hang out with us. I enjoy venison so if we get a deer it's an added bonus. I can say firsthand (based on many of my clients who are farmers) that a doe with two fawns can do more damage to a crop of sweet corn or lettuce, peas, etc. than other infestations of insects that can be treated with chemicals. Multiply that doe and two fawns by 30 or 40 and you have a major problem. The doe herd especially in our area needs to be thinned out. Rather than seeing them laying on the side of the road (or having witnessed them writhing (sp?) in pain after being hit by a car), I would much rather shoot one, give thanks and enjoy its flavor and nutrition for the winter. Nuisance permits are issued to assist in saving crops and, if done periodically, it creates a more healthy pool of deer. Having said that....I have no interest (and have taught my son accordingly) in shooting a large lion that was probably sleeping under a tree somewhere (because, after all, the female lions are the hunters and food gatherers...as they should be :bag: ).

absolutely - thats the reason I dont hunt...I own guns and love to shoot, but I am not fond of venison so I dont hunt....i stick to the shooting range

everything about hunting is attractive to me, except eating the meat that comes with killing an animal...so I abstain

Oh man, I LOVE venison, but I've never been hunting. It takes place too early for me.

Kill the goddamn deer and send the meat my way.

yeah, i have never hunted in my life but i have no problem with people hunting for food, in fact i love it when people bring me things they have hunted...but to kill for sport is just not something I support.

I've never understood why people hunt for sport....no!

I'll ship you a few squirrels...

I've eaten squirrel. It's very good. I've had (local wild game) rabbit, squirrel, bear, deer and pheasant. All delicious. I do not hunt. But I'll eat the food anytime. Hunting for sport is, in my opinion, disgusting and cowardly.

“We do ethical hunting and all meat from animals hunted is distributed to the local community," a post on Maroi's Facebook page reads. "Funds generated from hunting goes towards fixing the border fence that was washed away in the 2013 floods, combating poaching, which is excessive in this area due to close proximity to Zimbabwe, and running a sustainable conservancy."

That's not WHY hunters hunt...but it is a good anecdotal illustration of why safari hunting is not a universally "bad" thing like some people think. A lot of times, it's the best economic and ecological use of the ecosystem.

That's not WHY hunters hunt...but it is a good anecdotal illustration of why safari hunting is not a universally "bad" thing like some people think. A lot of times, it's the best economic and ecological use of the ecosystem.

Really, you think you know why I stood in a tree stand freezing my ass of better than I do?

Well, sorry you are wrong.

And I would love to go on safari and shoot a lion, I just can't afford it(law of supply and demand and all), so I stick to shooting deer, rabbits and ducks.