TJ Graham

PNW_Bills_Fan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodwin is a WR with olympic speed. Graham is a track star that hasn't figured out how to play WR yet. I have not given up on him but if they draft a WR high or sign one in FA it is to challenge for his spot.

'

I think Goodwin will be challenging Graham for the starting spot opposite Robert Wood as SJ is either phased out or moved to the slot.

'

I think Goodwin will be challenging Graham for the starting spot opposite Robert Wood as SJ is either phased out or moved to the slot.

SJ is the Bills best WR, he's not going to be phased out unless he can't stay healthy.

Edited by MDH

I can't see why they would want to "phase out" SJ. I think Goodwin is going to surpass Graham, but I would be fine with the main 4 (SJ, Woods, Graham, Goodwin), IF they get a big TE to handle the big man, red zone type chores. Otherwise, they may get a big WR, and one of these guys (probably Graham) will be gone, or the 5th man.

Goodwin is a WR with olympic speed. Graham is a track star that hasn't figured out how to play WR yet. I have not given up on him but if they draft a WR high or sign one in FA it is to challenge for his spot.

Olympic speed? Do you even know what that means? He was a long juniper! That's not speed. He is fast but saying he has Olympic speed is like saying someone is an Olympic swimmer because they did high dive in the Olympics

I'm not hating in the dude. But this line is repeated way too much. He did not run the 100m. 200m. Anything. If anything say the guy was an Olympic athlete. Speed is not a big deal foe long jump...

I hear a lot of talk about Goodwin and his speed and he has been hit in stride a couple times on long bombs, but with TJ most that is thrown his way down the field is under thrown. Has anyone else noticed that?

Its because Graham has no Ball skills.

He runs in a straight line and doesn't look back and adjust to the ball.

A pass needs both parties to participate especially a long ball. A QB doesn't just throw it long and then it miraculously hits the WR in stride when they're running fast. The WR adjusts based on the trajectory of the ball. Graham makes no adjustments.

Olympic speed? Do you even know what that means? He was a long juniper! That's not speed. He is fast but saying he has Olympic speed is like saying someone is an Olympic swimmer because they did high dive in the Olympics

I'm not hating in the dude. But this line is repeated way too much. He did not run the 100m. 200m. Anything. If anything say the guy was an Olympic athlete. Speed is not a big deal foe long jump...

I get the sentient but 4.29 40 is Olympic speed even if he didn't go to the Olympics as a long jumper.

Goodwin's combine 40, run in the same exact environment with the same amount of time to prepare as 4.41.

It's not a mystery who is faster.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Completely disagree. Speed is a huge factor in the long jump since the idea is to run as fast as possible before launching into the air. If you're talking broad jump, Okay. Not sure how you justify making such a statement.

BTW, Goodwin ran a blazing 4.27 Forty at the NFL Combine: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000144535/article/marquise-goodwin-stuns-at-nfl-scouting-combine

Olympic Class Speed....Oh Yeah!!!

Speed is a very big deal in long jump! It's about more than pure speed, clearly it's about the technique of the jump too, but most long jumpers can run the 100m in sub 11 seconds. Goodwin's PB in the 100m is 10.24... now that isn't going to win you an Olympic Gold in the 100m but it's pretty darn fast and is faster than a fair few guys from smaller countries ran in the 2012 100m heats.

Speed is a major factor in the long jump. His speed is obvious on the field as well. He burns fast DBs. His TD against Cincy was clocked at the equivalent of a 4.0/40.

I get the sentient but 4.29 40 is Olympic speed even if he didn't go to the Olympics as a long jumper.

Goodwin's combine 40, run in the same exact environment with the same amount of time to prepare as 4.41.

It's not a mystery who is faster.

there is no 40 yard dash in the Olympics. Not even a 60m. There is no indoor events, either. He is very fast and quite noticibly so. In pads he doesn't seem to lose the speed, either. Combined with his eluaiveness and ability to maintain velocity and accelerate while changing direction he is a very fast football player

How did you get that number?

Joe B. from the all-22 - and I was mistaken it was the TD against KC and was 32 yds - but that is still really freaking fast when he had to first get by the DB!:

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 5 Nov

Wow. Marquise Goodwin from stop to start on TD got by DB & down 32 yards in 4.00 seconds (unofficial) to where he made the catch. Ridiculous

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Speed is a major factor in the long jump. His speed is obvious on the field as well. He burns fast DBs. His TD against Cincy was clocked at the equivalent of a 4.0/40.

not so much. And to the rest of you, speed is not an issue with long jump like you'd think. Form is huge speed gets you to the line but the ability to fire the muscles in sequence and deliver the power needed to launch yourself 27+'... that's not as much speed as it is power

Speed is a very big deal in long jump! It's about more than pure speed, clearly it's about the technique of the jump too, but most long jumpers can run the 100m in sub 11 seconds. Goodwin's PB in the 100m is 10.24... now that isn't going to win you an Olympic Gold in the 100m but it's pretty darn fast and is faster than a fair few guys from smaller countries ran in the 2012 100m heats.

10.24 is good for NCAA finals. Its not world class....at all. I ran at UT with a guy who ran in the Olympics. His times were similar to that. He didn't make quarter finals

Completely disagree. Speed is a huge factor in the long jump since the idea is to run as fast as possible before launching into the air. If you're talking broad jump, Okay. Not sure how you justify making such a statement.

BTW, Goodwin ran a blazing 4.27 Forty at the NFL Combine: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000144535/article/marquise-goodwin-stuns-at-nfl-scouting-combine

Olympic Class Speed....Oh Yeah!!!

speed. Long jump. Meh. Enough said. Hes not at the Olympic level

not so much. And to the rest of you, speed is not an issue with long jump like you'd think. Form is huge speed gets you to the line but the ability to fire the muscles in sequence and deliver the power needed to launch yourself 27+'... that's not as much speed as it is power

10.24 is good for NCAA finals. Its not world class....at all. I ran at UT with a guy who ran in the Olympics. His times were similar to that. He didn't make quarter finals

speed. Long jump. Meh. Enough said. Hes not at the Olympic level

Carl Lewis disagrees with you.