For once the ref gods favored us over Patriots

Webster Guy

ESPN sport science analyzed this, and determined that (basically), it was made uncatchable because of the interference. kuechly bear-hugging Gronk (in effect) did not allow Gronk to stop/come-back to the ball. they said he would have been able to, had he not been interfered with. the wildcard factor was the safety who intercepted the ball however; Gronk would still have had to fight him for the ball.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN sport science analyzed this, and determined that (basically), it was made uncatchable because of the interference. kuechly bear-hugging Gronk (in effect) did not allow Gronk to stop/come-back to the ball. they said he would have been able to, had he not been interfered with. the wildcard factor was the safety who intercepted the ball however; Gronk would still have had to fight him for the ball.

i dont think anyone disagrees that with his athleticism he couldnt have gotten to the ball at its low point, but to get that far up its trajectory AND around the safety just seems like a stretch.

Make sense. But there was interference even before the ball was intercepted.

I had to laugh today at work, as I live in New England. They are still whining and crying over the call at the end of the Pats-Panthers game. I couldn't help myself when I overheard one Pats fan say and I quote "The patriots always get screwed over by the refs more than every other team in the league. It doesn't matter who they are playing, they always get screwed!" I laughed at him and pointed out that I strongly disagreed with him. At this he screamed at me " obviously you don't watch many Pat games!" I couldn't wait to say that was true, but that his previous comment couldn't be more false. What a bunch of big babies I swear. They couldn't handle being a true Bills fan for one single sunday afternoon. They have all become accustomed to winning so much, they forget what it is like to lose. I know it's awful to say, but I can hardly wait until they hit complete rock bottom and struggle for 4-5 wins a season.

Thank Rex and the Jets! When they called out the Pats* for getting all the reffing "favors." New Orleans, Cincy where they were not called for a penalty all game during a rainy affair where they were seen making multiple penalties, etc..

Now, the refs are doing everything in their power not to be biased FOR the Pats* and The League not called out for their scam!

Thanks Jets!