PFF: Bills/Jets Re-Focused

Kemp2Warlick

Why is this always a comparison with Geno Smith.....Both are rookies making plenty of rookie mistakes and and some mind-numbing plays. In week 3 Smith was better than Manuel and in Week 11, Manuel turned out to be better than Smith. Both are mistake-filled QBs learning the tricks of the trade in the NFL. I hope that both go on to be franchise QBs for their respective teams.

What a pile of nonsense.

Manuel 8TD 4INT QBR 82.1 0 rushing TDs 3 fumbles - 6 turnovers in 7 games.

Smith 8TD 16INT QBR 65.1 3 rushing TDs 8 fumbles - 20 turnovers in 10 games.

Please tell me the tale of these two rookies and how they are remotely similar???

Manuel is a promising young player, the other looks like crap.

Edited by BobChalmers

PFF...AFC East

Buffalo Bills: On 55 of C.J. Spiller’s 123 carries, he has not gained any yards after contact. That is a rate of 44.7% of his carries, which is the worst in the league.

I guess they're gonna run him til WE throw up.

Seriously though, I think that ankle injury has limited him tremendously. Can't cut, can't hit holes nearly as hard, can't shake tacklers.

PFF...AFC East

Buffalo Bills: On 55 of C.J. Spiller’s 123 carries, he has not gained any yards after contact. That is a rate of 44.7% of his carries, which is the worst in the league.

Last year CJ's yards after contact were used as a point to prove that he was a workhorse calibre back. But the first contact CJ was encountering last year in Gailey's spread offense were often outstretched hands and fingers.......which is a whole lot different than this year. His ankle has been an issue as well, but the reality is that CJ is likely never going to be a workhorse. He needs to play in a spread offense and have a lot of easy decisions. He is not a smart player and that will almost certainly prevent him from ever becoming a great player.