Andre Johnson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't trading him and he was just frustrated. As big of a beast as Johnson is, it's a mistake to trade a high pick for a 30+ yo old receiver who has a giant contract. Get a dominant TE and keep our receiving core.

Totally agree.

We're still a team where second rounders will be expected to start and contribute right away. A new LB or TE would impact this team perhaps just as much as AJ would for much longer and much cheaper.

Well that proves how little you know about Andre Johnson.

I know plenty. I think he is better then Bowe, for example, but all you ever hear is how good and amazing Bowe is. You hear about Marshall and Lloyd, santonio Holmes, many other guys.

Andre johnson is the texans Eric moulds. He is among the best WRs on their teams and does things that stand out even with sub par qbs and in bad years. Here in buffalo we have sj13 who has had a string of good years now and gets a lot less respect then he should. He is better then his respect level, just like Johnson.

If you doubt that, ask someone to name the top 5 WRs in the game today. Maybe even top 10. They'll forget about Johnson

No, I wouldn't trade for him...sign him as a FA maybe, depending on money. But one of the strengths of this team is its emerging WR talent...as evidenced by yesterday. Even Hogan didn't look terrible. You add in another Draft year this upcoming April and WR may not even be in the top 5 of concerns for this team heading into next season. I see the attraction and I happen to agree with jboyst62, Andre Johnson is woefully under-valued in the NFL much like SJ in Buffalo...he makes a good point of playing well for years despite "sub-par QBs", which is also true...but, I remain firm in my stance about taking Andre in FA, not trade...as we've seen, the Drafting of the Buffalo BILLS in recent memory has been pretty strong, and if Whaley and company can continue that trend, they may very well find the next Andre only younger and on an up-and-coming team....

He is nothing like SJ13. He is more like Eric Moulds

in regard to people not giving him the credit he deserves. The guy has been at the top of his position for many seasons and yet you'll seldom hear people list him as the top 5-10 at WR in the league.

Skill set wise, yes. See above. He is Eric moulds.

I know plenty. I think he is better then Bowe, for example, but all you ever hear is how good and amazing Bowe is. You hear about Marshall and Lloyd, santonio Holmes, many other guys.

Andre johnson is the texans Eric moulds. He is among the best WRs on their teams and does things that stand out even with sub par qbs and in bad years. Here in buffalo we have sj13 who has had a string of good years now and gets a lot less respect then he should. He is better then his respect level, just like Johnson.

If you doubt that, ask someone to name the top 5 WRs in the game today. Maybe even top 10. They'll forget about Johnson

I get what you're saying now. Misunderstood it initially. Sorry.

in regard to people not giving him the credit he deserves. The guy has been at the top of his position for many seasons and yet you'll seldom hear people list him as the top 5-10 at WR in the league.

Skill set wise, yes. See above. He is Eric moulds.

Yes, sorry. our posts were at same time.

injuries, cost, age.... not a good equation for a team in our spot...

A team in our spot? A team who has not made the playoffs in what seems like forever, a team that is in need of a big WR that can go up and get it.

If he is available, the Bills better place a phone call.

A team in our spot? A team who has not made the playoffs in what seems like forever, a team that is in need of a big WR that can go up and get it.

If he is available, the Bills better place a phone call.

id rather the money and picks be spent on a guy that will be reliably counted on long term. he will be a heavily used 33 going into next season. if we get even one "andre johnson" type season out of him, that might be lucky. im not looking to give up picks to pay him 10m next year, and more than that the year after.

so yea, as we are not a single receiver away from a super bowl run, i dont think hes the smartest pickup.