Justice for Renisha

boyst

Justice for Renisha

http://www.freep.com/article/20131107/NEWS02/311070200/renisha-mcbride-dearborn-heights-shooting

A young woman of 19 years was on a mans porch, neither of them knew each other. The man is the only resident and fired in to the porch and shot her in the face. The man was white, the woman was black.

About two hours before the shooting, police said, McBride was involved in an accident with a parked car in Detroit, which borders the neighborhood. Police declined to say what they believe McBride was doing before and after the accident, but said detectives have been keeping McBride’s parents up to date on the investigation.

The family and protestors are saying that she was simply seeking help from the accident and likely dazed not realizing where she was...

Justice for Renisha

http://www.freep.com...eights-shooting

A young woman of 19 years was on a mans porch, neither of them knew each other. The man is the only resident and fired in to the porch and shot her in the face. The man was white, the woman was black.

The family and protestors are saying that she was simply seeking help from the accident and likely dazed not realizing where she was...

Lucky for Renisha a white man shot her or no one would be paying any attention to this.

From the Comments section in the Renisha article:

What happened to Renisha Mcbride was horrible. My heart goes out to her family....but to all those activists planning vigils, Etc that are NOT family/friends of ms Mcbride...can you come over to 7 mile/moenart where 3 people were killed and 6 others shot? I live a block away and it would be nice if we treated black on black murders the same way we treat it when other cultures kill us. While we are at...maybe lets be angry anytime ANYONE innocent is killed and leave race/color out of it. If there is a God I doubt he cares much if the innocent person before him or her whose life he help create is cut short is black, white, Asian or Latino person

Reply · 49 · Like · Follow Post · 15 hours ago

From the Comments section in the Renisha article:

What happened to Renisha Mcbride was horrible. My heart goes out to her family....but to all those activists planning vigils, Etc that are NOT family/friends of ms Mcbride...can you come over to 7 mile/moenart where 3 people were killed and 6 others shot? I live a block away and it would be nice if we treated black on black murders the same way we treat it when other cultures kill us. While we are at...maybe lets be angry anytime ANYONE innocent is killed and leave race/color out of it. If there is a God I doubt he cares much if the innocent person before him or her whose life he help create is cut short is black, white, Asian or Latino person

Reply · 49 · Like · Follow Post · 15 hours ago

That's just crazy racist nonsense. There is only white (or white hispanic) on black crime.

http://nation.time.com/2013/11/12/police-scanner-audio-fills-in-timeline-for-renisha-mcbride-shooting/

In September, a police officer in Charlotte, North Carolina was charged with voluntary manslaughter after killing Jonathan Ferrell, 24. Ferrell was a former college football player who, like McBride, was looking for help after a car accident. Both Zimmerman’s acquittal and Ferrell’s killing were the catalysts of protests before this most recent incident.

Detroit community activist, Rev. Charles Williams II — a pastor of King Solomon and president of the Michigan chapter of the National Action Network — said at a community rally he organized on Nov. 9 with 200 attendees, ““We cannot allow the moment of Travyon Martin to come and go. We cannot allow the moment of Renisha McBride to come and go,” the Detroit News reports.

Except Zimzam was self defense, the Charlotte case is far more then just what they say above and there are too many ukowns with this case with McBride.

The Charlotte case is laughably described in almost all reports. A man gets in a wreck, walks a halfmile and bangs on a woman's door until she thinks he isgoing to rob her. Police comeand he is belligerent and unruly. He charges at cops whom try unsuccessfully to take him, then an officerfires his weapon after the tazer does not fire. But yeah, the media isnt telling the whole story.

Edited by jboyst62

http://nation.time.com/2013/11/12/police-scanner-audio-fills-in-timeline-for-renisha-mcbride-shooting/

[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]

Except Zimzam was self defense, the Charlotte case is far more then just what they say above and there are too many ukowns with this case with McBride.

The Charlotte case is laughably described in almost all reports. A man gets in a wreck, walks a halfmile and bangs on a woman's door until she thinks he isgoing to rob her. Police comeand he is belligerent and unruly. He charges at cops whom try unsuccessfully to take him, then an officerfires his weapon after the tazer does not fire. But yeah, the media isnt telling the whole story.

This case couldn't be more different than Martin. There were no skittles

BREAKING NEWS Friday, November 15, 2013 11:48 AM EST

Homeowner Charged in Detroit-Area Shooting That Stirred Racial Tension A Dearborn Heights, Mich., homeowner was charged Friday with second-degree murder, manslaughter and felony firearms possession in the death of Renisha Marie McBride, a 19-year-old woman who was shot in the face as she stood on the man’s porch in the middle of the night nearly two weeks ago. The case had stirred racial tensions in Detroit, a mostly black city, and its whiter suburbs, like Dearborn Heights, just across the city line. It is still unclear precisely what happened in the early morning hours of Nov. 2, when Ms. McBride crashed her car and hours later ended up on the doorstep of the defendant, who was identified as Theodore Wafer, 54, who is white. Asked if race was an issue, the Wayne County prosecutor, Kym L. Worthy, at a news conference Friday morning, said, “Race is not relevant.”

READ MORE »

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/us/michigan-homeowner-charged-in-renisha-mcbrides-death.html?emc=edit_na_20131115

Homeowner Charged in Detroit-Area Shooting That Stirred Racial Tension A Dearborn Heights, Mich., homeowner was charged Friday with second-degree murder, manslaughter and felony firearms possession in the death of Renisha Marie McBride, a 19-year-old woman who was shot in the face as she stood on the man’s porch in the middle of the night nearly two weeks ago. The case had stirred racial tensions in Detroit, a mostly black city, and its whiter suburbs, like Dearborn Heights, just across the city line. It is still unclear precisely what happened in the early morning hours of Nov. 2, when Ms. McBride crashed her car and hours later ended up on the doorstep of the defendant, who was identified as Theodore Wafer, 54, who is white. Asked if race was an issue, the Wayne County prosecutor, Kym L. Worthy, at a news conference Friday morning, said, “Race is not relevant.”

READ MORE »

http://www.nytimes.c...dit_na_20131115

That is funny to me. If a black person showed up at my door I would be suspicious. I wouldn't know them, because the only black family that lives anywhere nearby is 3 doors down and I know them. I would be suspicious if anyone showed up at my door at night. Maybe the situations are different being I live in a rural environment.

READ MORE »

http://www.nytimes.c...dit_na_20131115

The difference between this case and Zimmerman's being: there's a case to be made for the charges. You can't just shoot someone who's knocking on your front door (else my front step would be littered with the carcasses of environmentalists). But you can't presume there's racism behind every crime, either.

The difference between this case and Zimmerman's being: there's a case to be made for the charges. You can't just shoot someone who's knocking on your front door (else my front step would be littered with the carcasses of environmentalists). But you can't presume there's racism behind every crime, either.

Just exactly why the !@#$ not? [/Eric Holder, and the right irreverent and repugnant Jessie Jackson and his Mom's Mabley look-alike friend Al Sharpie Sharpton]

If a teenage girl knocks on my door. I would let her in. Hey-oooo

I notice you didn't say anything about letting them out...

Just exactly why the !@#$ not? [/Eric Holder, and the right irreverent and repugnant Jessie Jackson and his Mom's Mabley look-alike friend Al Sharpie Sharpton]

oh you. Don't you realize this will be stoked enough until Nov '14 when midterms are up and the trial is beginning. The biggest regret of the political organizers is that this didn't happen in a swing state.

• 8 months later...