Marcel Dareus

Simon

Yet he has more run stops than any other DL in the league (at least that's what I thought I read somewhere). Can anyone confirm?

if a run stop means he made the tackle five yards down the field, then possibly...b/c thats where Dareus has been getting pushed consistently all year long (Aside from two and a half games this season where hes been a force)

kids been feast or famine, and unfortunately mostly famine - hoping yesterday was a turning point/prove it game for him and he can stop getting bullied all over the field

anyone who says he has had a great year clearly does not watch the LOS, def. go back and watch the LOS the first 8 weeks of this season and see him get blown off the ball b/c he stands up...more of yesterdays Dareus is needed

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolute monster when he really decides to bring it.

He was virtually unblockable today. About the only time he was neutralized was when guys were trying to rip his jersey off with tow hands. There were times today when there were Jets interior OLinemen hanging off him like monkey bars while he went about the business of ripping up the Jets offense.

If somebody can figure out the trigger that fires him up like today, he could becomes the Bills next PhatPat.

He was awesome. And he clearly relishes those chances to bull rush the RT. When he gets under a tall linemans pads they are in trouble. I tend to agree with the poster who said that he should play more LDE.

if a run stop means he made the tackle five yards down the field, then possibly...b/c thats where Dareus has been getting pushed consistently all year long (Aside from two and a half games this season where hes been a force)

kids been feast or famine, and unfortunately mostly famine - hoping yesterday was a turning point/prove it game for him and he can stop getting bullied all over the field

anyone who says he has had a great year clearly does not watch the LOS, def. go back and watch the LOS the first 8 weeks of this season and see him get blown off the ball b/c he stands up...more of yesterdays Dareus is needed

According to ProFootballFocus---

11) What constitutes a “stop” or “offensive failure?”

It’s when an offense fails to get:

40 percent of the required yards for another first down on first down

60 percent of the required yards for a first down on second down

A first down on third or fourth down

I think he's had a great year. He's not gonna dominate every single snap, but neither is anyone else in the NFL. He's had his downs towards the beginning of the year but I think he's been a lot better recently.

not even close to true, but since most people just follow the ball on any given play its useless arguing how much of a non factor Dareus has been throughout the year...2-3 great games and the rest have been hard to watch him get dominated

Advanced NFL stats says otherwise as he and Kyle Williams are both in the top 5(Williams #1 by a wide margin over Suh) at DT and are #1 and #2 by a long way in success count...

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?year=2013&pos=DT&season=all

Perhaps you are the one not watching what's going on as I am pretty sure its not possible to be #2 in the NFL in successful plays and get dominated most games

Edited by matter2003

Advanced NFL stats says otherwise as he and Kyle Williams are both in the top 5(Williams #1 by a wide margin over Suh) at DT and are #1 and #2 by a long way in success count...

http://wp.advancednf...s=DT&season=all

Perhaps you are the one not watching what's going on

yea Ive read those stats too, and I dont care, they are stats (you saying hes number 5 means hes number 5 according to the WPA stat, in which only tackles and sacks count, and those tackles can be any tackle anywhere on the field, hardly an indicator of his impact on a game), watch the 22 film of him, I cannot express in words how frustrating it is watching him get bulldozed off the line of scrimmage because he stands straight up....was there a big run? chances are its b/c Dareus got plowed into the LBs

sure hes got 40 tackles, and 25-30 probably came 5 yards downfield

Dareus has, at times, dominated a game (Sunday) - and the rest of the time hes been detrimental, now granted, that was early on in the year and he has improved to the point where im not throwing things at the screen watching him, but it still has happened A LOT this season...hopefully the Dareus we see every game going forward is the Dareus from sunday

Edited by PaattMaann