Marcel Dareus

Simon

What an absolute monster when he really decides to bring it.

He was virtually unblockable today. About the only time he was neutralized was when guys were trying to rip his jersey off with tow hands. There were times today when there were Jets interior OLinemen hanging off him like monkey bars while he went about the business of ripping up the Jets offense.

If somebody can figure out the trigger that fires him up like today, he could becomes the Bills next PhatPat.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was virtually unblockable today. About the only time he was neutralized was when guys were trying to rip his jersey off with tow hands. There were times today when there were Jets interior OLinemen hanging off him like monkey bars while he went about the business of ripping up the Jets offense.

If somebody can figure out the trigger that fires him up like today, he could becomes the Bills next PhatPat.

Do you remember when Mangold owned Dareus? Looks like those days are done.

Pat never had the quickness Dareus has. That is why Dareus was so highly regarded out of college and now that it is coming together and he has the right enviroment he is going to continue to flourish.

Pettines system relies on equal DL pressure collapsing a pocket with speed and power vs. what Wannstadt wanted with his 90's era stuff the lane and fill the space DL with LB's making the plays behind the LOS. LB's today are not what they were in 90's when they were much more of an mismatch against offensive players on the field. Today we have faster OL, better TE's, and are a passing league which negates players coming from 4-5 yards deep.

It's a much different game and not to take anything at all away from Dareus, we are seeing what a DC can do when he has the players to execute his system. But, I really think Pettine can do a little bit more and has some wrinkles he can introduce...because I see them and I am foaming at the mouth to watch them occur on the field.

I'm happy that Dareus looked great today - as the entire Bills D did - but this is the Jets' offense. They suck. So our D did what they were supposed to do. Either way, I'm very happy and I'm a big Dareus fan.

He was definitely a difference maker today...And once he gets his mitts on a RB or a QB they just stop...or go flying...Dareus has some massive raw power...I've been awfully tough on him at times, and it's games like today that drive me nuts where Marcell is concerned...Because he can be as good as he wants to be when he puts his mind to it... B-)

With Dareus it's always been about his effort. He's bringing it this year. Coming out of college I thought he was the best player in that draft. He might not be that (thanks to AJ Green) but he looks like a monster this year.

I didn't get to see the game live yesterday. If, however, Dareus had as good of game as stated, good for him, because the Jets O Line is definitely a measuring stick as they (the Jets O Line) owned him in 4 of the first 5 Bills Jets games since he came into the league.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings

Dareus has NOT had a good year - has had a couple games where he (as the OP says) "brings it" and is nearly unblockable - but those moments have NOT been consistent this year....there have been plenty of games where he is consistently pushed 5 yards off the line of scrimmage by a single blocker

Too often his first move is to stand up off the ball, instead of firing off the ball and dominating the LOS....

We need more of yesterdays Dareus....