QB sneaks-finally

mart

I have just never understood running 5 yards in the backfield to hand off to get a yard. In short yardage I believe that you always need to be going forward. Whether you run a QB out of the shotgun (like they used to do with Brad Smith), a FB dive or something like that. I am cool with play action from time to time as well. Just my opinion

I am not surprised, but it is telling.

I don't generally disagree, but for instance to get those play actions to work you have to actually run hand offs - in order to be most effective on those short plays, make the defense cover a large space while you target a very precise one (or vice versa). Many coaches get so into not having the standard tendencies that they get very predictable (gilbride passing on those "and short" plays) and never take advantage of the text book call that they've set up. Hackett in this case took way too long to get back to the basic cliche play to run there and spent too much time trying to keep things wide open. It was good to see the keep it simple call finally come around.