Caption the photo

Just Jack

Whaddaya mean you want your money back for the dance lessons? It's not my fault you got thrown out of that Dodger playoff game - - if you didn't have three left paws they would have let you stay!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/dodgers-rally-bear/

Do bears turn lighter colors in warmer climates? Because that bear at Dodger stadium was much lighter than the ones pictured in this thread.

Do bears turn lighter colors in warmer climates? Because that bear at Dodger stadium was much lighter than the ones pictured in this thread.

Behold the wonder of the Interweb tubes - - according to the American Bear Association (who knew?):

http://www.americanbear.org/FUR.htm

Why would black bears be different colors if they are all the same species?

While the causes are not perfectly clear, there is evidence to suggest that coat colors vary as a mechanism of camouflage or due to climate and habitat. Bears in moister, more densely forested regions tend to be black, while bears in the West, where conditions are drier and vegetation is sparser, tend to be brown or cinnamon. A black coat allows the bear to blend into the shadows created by dense trees and brush, and a brown coat blends better with the sandier, browner landscape. In addition, black retains heat far more than does a lighter color, so brown phase bears are less susceptible to heat stress in more open terrain. The surface temperatures of a black bear's fur can heat to 180 degrees Fahrenheit in the direct, hot, summer sun. Finally, there is evidence to suggest that melanin, the pigment responsible for the black coat color, is more resistant to abrasion, thus it would be advantageous to those bears living in heavily forested regions. Only 1% of the black bears in Pennsylvania are brown or red in color, while over 90% of the black bears in Yosemite National Park in California are tan, light brown or cinnamon.

So you're surprised that all bears don't look alike. Figures.

So you're surprised that all bears don't look alike. Figures.

What are you talking about? Of course I know that bears can look different. I was just wondering if the same bear can change colors when it migrates. If so then the bear in the original picture and the one that danced at the Dodger game could in fact be the same bear. If not, then it is a different bear.

What are you talking about? Of course I know that bears can look different. I was just wondering if the same bear can change colors when it migrates. If so then the bear in the original picture and the one that danced at the Dodger game could in fact be the same bear. If not, then it is a different bear.

I don't wanna hear it. Take your bearacism crap to the PPP.