Bills contact NFL about scheduling disadvantage

Simon

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paraphrasing Marrone on Wednesday on his opinion about all the opponents coming off byes:

Do you think it's not fair?

"Yeah I think it's not fair."

Why?

"Because the biggest advantage for a football team during the season is rest."

Marrone wasn't complaining.

He was asked about the topic and he answered the questions.

The League should be embarrassed, that the "schedulers" schooled in fairness. End of story.

But before they really equalize the schedule, they should make the Patsies*, the Stealers, Jints, and the Cowgirls all play six teams coming off weeks with more rest. That'll give them the proper perspective about what a ****ty job they've done on The Bills.

Honestly, i have not been impressed with too many teams coming off their bye weeks. Those clubs seem rusty. I think the Bills will have more energy vs. the Jets early. Gotta take advantage.

As i said, the bye week teams have come out and looked rusty. Maybe it's just the games i have been noticing this year. It doesn't seem like a great advantage. Even the Saints came out flat vs. Buffalo and took them 25 minutes to really get going on O.

As i said, the bye week teams have come out and looked rusty. Maybe it's just the games i have been noticing this year. It doesn't seem like a great advantage. Even the Saints came out flat vs. Buffalo and took them 25 minutes to really get going on O.

Probably a good thing the Bills are playing the "Collapse for Clowney" Falcons after our bye, eh?

From the article: The subject of the Bills scheduling disadvantage came up over the summer, but the team didn't formally contact the league about it until this week. Bills president Russ Brandon called the schedule 'disappointing.'

So why did the Bills wait to bring this up until now?

I'm not sure it matters that they waited. It's not like the NFL was going to change anything if they complained earlier. Next year's schedule isn't out yet, so there is time to look at this when the NFL makes up next year's schedule.

I just realized this after seeing the Falcons/Saints game last night:

Even on their bye, the Bills aren't getting much of an advantage over the other team. The Falcons--playing a Thurs night game-- are going to get 10 days to prepare for the Bills.

Noticed that as well...

Even on their bye, the Bills aren't getting much of an advantage over the other team. The Falcons--playing a Thurs night game-- are going to get 10 days to prepare for the Bills.

yeah, that's definitely not fair, there is no way they'll be ready for Alonso.

Anyone want to talk about this nonsense today, and for the record the Jets under Ryan now 1-3

after a bye week.

Your post is nonsense. The Jets being 1-3 in a 4 year span coming off their bye doesn't prove anything. I'm sure there are teams that are 4-0 in that same span. You're like the guy who discounts global warming because it's cold outside today. The FACT of the matter is that teams coming off byes win at a 54% clip, which is a pretty sizeable advantage.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

My guess is they'll only be studying the defense. Since the offense is ALWAYS unpredictable... ;)

Your post is nonsense. The Jets being 1-3 in a 4 year span coming off their bye doesn't prove anything. I'm sure there are teams that are 4-0 in that same span. You're like the guy who discounts global warming because it's cold outside today. The FACT of the matter is that teams coming off byes win at a 54% clip, which is a pretty sizeable advantage.

Pretty sizeable? We're talking a 4% better probability over 50%... that's something alright. Sizeable? No...

If you had a 46% chance of sleeping with Kate Upton, would you be upset?

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz