Bills contact NFL about scheduling disadvantage

Simon

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what one thing has to do with the other but you're entitled to your opinion.

When you willingly create a self-inflicted scheduling disadvantage every year, you don't have a lot of room to complain about somebody else doing it to you unwillingly.

When you willingly create a self-inflicted scheduling disadvantage every year, you don't have a lot of room to complain about somebody else doing it to you unwillingly.

That makes total sense. It is like if you smoked a joint, you can not complain if somebody gives you an overdose of heroin.

From the article: The subject of the Bills scheduling disadvantage came up over the summer, but the team didn't formally contact the league about it until this week. Bills president Russ Brandon called the schedule 'disappointing.'

So why did the Bills wait to bring this up until now?

I think the scheduling sucked, but formally complaining about it now, instead of earlier (or even after the season) seems like whining. Marrone's demeanor the past few weeks has been a little annoying. He is showing a few cracks in his persona.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

That makes total sense. It is like if you smoked a joint, you can not complain if somebody gives you an overdose of heroin.

Yeah, just like that; because relaxing with a j is exactly like dying from smack.

From the article: The subject of the Bills scheduling disadvantage came up over the summer, but the team didn't formally contact the league about it until this week. Bills president Russ Brandon called the schedule 'disappointing.'

yep.

It's a fair point but as long as they choose to be the only team in the NFL that only plays 7 home games every year, their complaint is all but moot, imo.

I don't get your point at all. So because we play a game in Toronto, we have no right to complain that we have 6 games against teams coming off extended rest vs. only one other team has more than 3? Please explain your logic.

Got to agree with you.

The fact the Bills are willing to help grow the NFL to Canada should mean the Bills get at least a fair schedule.

That is another way to look at it Simon.

I know it also helps the Bills but let us not forget the NFL gets more exposure too

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Just a guess, maybe their new analytics guy did some analysis and came up with an ironclad way to show it's unfair?

I don't get your point at all. So because we play a game in Toronto, we have no right to complain that we have 6 games against teams coming off extended rest vs. only one other team has more than 3? Please explain your logic.

Agree with you completely. The central issue is rest, not location. In addition, Toronto is located within the Buffalo market area so for most US observers of this issue, I'm fairly certain that the perception is that Toronto is a "football suburb" of Buffalo.

Unless they brought it up before the release, it really makes no difference. It wasn't getting changed once public. By doing it now, it gets to be a marketing ploy/excuse.

Just a guess, maybe their new analytics guy did some analysis and came up with an ironclad way to show it's unfair?

I'd think most would be surprised how close to .500 teams off bye weeks have been. Rest and game planning is counteracted by broken routines and extra time for extracurriculars

Lol. Well that would be some crack work there. Kind of like developing an analysis that demonstrated conclusively that water is wet.

I get what your saying, but don't agree at all. They are two complete separate issues. The existence of the Toronto series doesn't alleviate the league's obligation to create a fair schedule.