Screw Analytics - - We Need Cutting Edge Uniform Research

Would you rather have (1) better statistics, or (2) flat, skin-like uniforms that make Spiller and Alonso invisible?

http://phys.org/news/2013-11-thin-invisibility-cloak.html#ajTabs

Invisibility cloaking is no longer the stuff of science fiction: two researchers in The Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering have demonstrated an effective invisibility cloak that is thin, scalable and adaptive to different types and sizes of objects.

Their experimental demonstration effectively cloaked a metal cylinder from radio waves using one layer of loop antennas. The system can be scaled up to cloak larger objects using more loops, and Eleftheriades says the loops could become printed and flat, like a blanket or skin.

OK, Spiller's already invisible most games, but you get my point.

Eleftheriades could wind up on the Wall.

Would you rather have (1) better statistics, or (2) flat, skin-like uniforms that make Spiller and Alonso invisible?

http://phys.org/news...oak.html#ajTabs

[/font][/color]

OK, Spiller's already invisible most games, but you get my point.

Eleftheriades could wind up on the Wall.

Outside the box. I like it. If we could combine this with Inspector Gadget like extendo arms we'd be unstoppable. Plus capes. The Bills need capes and they needed it yesterday.

. . . Plus capes. The Bills need capes and they needed it yesterday.

Let's think about this for a minute. An invisible uniform PLUS a cape? So we'd stick a visible cape on the back of an invisible uniform so the other team could see where Alonso and Spiller used to be as they moved around? I suppose we might have to do something like that to get the new unis approved by the league office.

The NFL owners might be afraid that nobody would want to buy an invisible Alonso jersey to wear to the game - - you could just wear any old T-shirt and SAY that you were also wearing the invisible Alonso jersey on top of it. But if we added visible capes maybe Ralph and the other owners wouldn't feel like their merchandising revenue was threatened, 'cause if a fan wanted to show up in the uniform of their favorite player at least they'd still have to buy the cape.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

The Patri*ts are already at work on face mask lenses that allow its players to see the invisible players. And the arms race is begun.

kj

I wonder if Snowden leaked the technology to them - - supposedly he's a patriot.

Who is using radar to find players on the field? I suppose it would help them hide from bats??

From the link in the OP:

And though their tests showed the cloaking system works with radio waves, re-tuning it to work with Terahertz (T-rays) or light waves could use the same principle as the necessary antenna technology matures.

The Analytics Dept. could use your skills. How do you feel about the capes idea?

From the link in the OP:

The system can also alter the signature of a cloaked object, making it appear bigger, smaller, or even shifting it in space.

So if we outfitted a safety with a space-shifting uniform, we could put 8 in the box and make it look like 7, or vice-versa. Let's see Peyton Manning audible to the correct play against THAT.

Or we could put Robey on the DL and make him look the size of Ted Washington or Sam Adams.

The possibilities are endless.

Not sure if that favors or argues against using capes, though.