First blackout in the NFL this season in Buffalo? Not really.

The league experts can call this the first blackout in the NFL this year, but the Rams have had half houses for most of their home games. Somebody's bailing them out, and it isn't people buying tickets.

Happens in Buffalo as well. And even this season the Bills ran special deal promotions leading up to the deadline, and had the deadline extended once, to get to a sell out.

Speaking as someone who prefers the couch experience to the game day experience, I don't care how they get the sell out so long as they get one :)

The league experts can call this the first blackout in the NFL this year, but the Rams have had half houses for most of their home games. Somebody's bailing them out, and it isn't people buying tickets.

it seems like the Dolphins play at 30% capacity. And I am pretty sure I saw a lot of empty seats at Heinz Field on Sunday...

I'd love the Bills to have a 60K seat dome. Could be used year round, would decrease the blackout likelihood, and would encourage people to come to the nov/dec games which have a hard time selling even when the Bills are doing well.

Several years ago, we would have called you crazy and bragged about the cold weather and our homefield advantage.

But you are absolutely right. The reality is that it makes more financial sense to have a dome. And we are actually disadvantaged usually by playing outside.

Several years ago, we would have called you crazy and bragged about the cold weather and our homefield advantage.

But you are absolutely right. The reality is that it makes more financial sense to have a dome. And we are actually disadvantaged usually by playing outside.

This is a myth that needs to die already. The weather hasn't been an advantage for the Bills in about 20 years...

This is a myth that needs to die already. The weather hasn't been an advantage for the Bills in about 20 years...

So true, the team has been practicing indoors since 1994 when they built the Fieldhouse. The only cold these guys see during practice is the 30 second walk through the parking lot.

Some of us still would call him crazy. For me its not about any cold weather homefield advantage nonsense, especially when for most of my football watching life the Bills have been out of playoff contention by the time the weather gets cold, although I do love going to late season games when its freezing out and the snow is flying. To, me, It's about the much simpler belief that football was meant to be played outdoors in the elements. It would never happen, but I would love to see the NFL put a no dome rule in place for all future new stadium construction,and require all stadiums with retractable roofs to have the roof open for all games. Retractable roof stadiums could continue to be built as new stadiums, provided they followed the open roof rule. I do agree with the point about a smaller stadium, although I think 60k is a little too small. 65-68k would seem about right to me.

So true, the team has been practicing indoors since 1994 when they built the Fieldhouse. The only cold these guys see during practice is the 30 second walk through the parking lot.

Not true. Thursday morning paper shows the Bills practicing in the cold, Outside, in the Ralph, on Wednesday.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

Anyone mention the majority of the players are from the south and live in the south during the off-season. Plus add concerts, maybe a Niagara/Buffalo convention center to the mix.

Also, sell the name, Ralph Wilson field at wells Fargo stadium.

I just checked their web site and it looks like they are within striking distance of a sellout. I think they have < 1,000 tickets remaining.

There are a lot more than that up for resale though, so people will buy those first (cheaper). But they may be within reach of either TV or Russell.