Twitter LAMP

ajzepp

I'm not the biggest fan of twitter, but recently I discovered that it's a great way to say something mean to celebrities that you don't like. Okay, it's more than just that...but that's the best part. Anyway, there have been a few times when I tweeted something that I thought was pretty good, but it was like the tree that nobody sees or hears falling in the forest. So I changed my strategy a bit and have started focusing on saying things that I dont think others would likely come up with.

Well, today was the first time I had a tweet blow up, and it was a bit overwhelming. Probably some of you guys have had this happen to a larger degree, but after I tweeted it, my email, texts, and twitter all went apeshiit for a good 20 min. In fact, another retweet just rolled in as I'm typing this. This is pretty crazy, and I really can't imagine how nuts it must be for people who get this sort of response x1000 or greater.

This is kinda fun!

Oh, and just in case anyone is interested what I said (I know, it won't sound all that funny now since I've talked about it so much...)

I saw this pic that Daniel Jeremiah had on his twitter acct...

post-3858-0-18215400-1384364087_thumb.jpeg

...and I told him that it looked like something out of Eli Manning's 8th grade yearbook.

i never get any reactions from twitter...and i do feel like that tree in the woods...i am very jealous of you.

I think the trick is to target low-to-mid-level celebs...their accts aren't as active and they seem more interested in their feedback.

I was going to call Tom Cruise a douchebag, but then I figured I was just wasting time

Yesterday I got into a debate with a feminist who was whining on Rob Cesternino's podcast that there was a gender bias in favor of males on Survivor. I asked her to please stop cawkblocking Rob's cast, and that led into a twitter exchange of like 30 tweets.

Edited by ajzepp

I haven't been using twitter much at all this year because I usually just put out post game drunken hate tweets. I got retweets from Nick Barnett, Merriman, and Thurman last year. Also had a pissing match with local favorite timmah. I think my twitter blew up the most when I had an exchange with Brandon Spikes basically calling him out after he cheap shotted Freddy last year. He retweeted it to his 500k followers and I started getting bombarded by m!@#$ pats fans. Pretty entertaining.

I haven't been using twitter much at all this year because I usually just put out post game drunken hate tweets. I got retweets from Nick Barnett, Merriman, and Thurman last year. Also had a pissing match with local favorite timmah. I think my twitter blew up the most when I had an exchange with Brandon Spikes basically calling him out after he cheap shotted Freddy last year. He retweeted it to his 500k followers and I started getting bombarded by m!@#$ pats fans. Pretty entertaining.

LOL, that's awesome...I think it's hilarious when these guys get all worked up over what someone tweeted...good times :)

That was a good one AJ

He was a good sport about it, which I respected...I even asked him not to change it for a while so I could get some mileage out of this, and he said he promised he wouldn't lol.

I bet the people tell Tom Cruise he's a douchebag on a daily basis could fill Madison Square Garden.

At least I hope it's that many.

I hope it's that many too...seems like there are legions of little teenie bopper girls who just tweet-drool all over some of these people...

I don't know any celebrities so I can't really see the value in attempting to harass people I don't know and who don't know I exist.

Kinda sad what passes for entertainment these days.

Harass is a bit of a strong word...I've always thought it was fun to rib people and trash talk a bit...I don't see any harm in that, personally. And like I said, DJ got a laugh out of it and retweeted my comment on his own twitter. Just harmless fun.

... but it was like the tree that nobody sees or hears falling in the forest.

It's really interesting. There's the "push over the dead tree", which is fun, but if you're not careful, could break somehwere above your head and almost hit the person you're hiking with. The other thing is when you're hiking alone, and miles from the nearest road/village/etc and just stop to listen to the trees ladened with snow, creaking in the wind, wondering if one is about to break and drop near you.