Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I have any significant insights or not, and I've never talked about Easley with anyone. My hunch is, like everybody else, is that he made it on the strengths of his ST ability.

sounds good - obviously his ST play kept him alive, but ive been surprised how little hes seen the field on offense still. without seeing practice or film study - its tough to say why hes not running routes out there - especially when stevie and woods were out. if a bird whispers some info in your ear on that topic id be very curious to hear

Has to have been Stevie...

youd think that would be one... and im sure our takes on his vet leadership might be a bit all over the place.

stevie was also out/injured most of camp.

Edited by NoSaint

Excellent perspective. I suspect it may be a combination of both Rogers and the Indy staff.

I suspect it's far more about what Rogers is doing differently.

Different players respond differently to different coaches. That doesn't reflect badly on anyone, necessarily. Especially Ike Hilliard who, along with the rest of the new coaches, needs to establish credibility. I think it would have been a hard sell to the other guys in his group if he kept Rogers at their expense.

GO BILLS!!!

You may be on to something here. It's not like we had a Reggie Wayne in the fold.

GO BILLS!!!

Have been saying for a while that Reggie Wayne would have a positive influence on Rogers as a well respected and highly accomplished vet who knows what it takes to be a professional.

As an undrafted rookie, he should have been the hardest working player at camp. Potential means you ain't done squat. He wasn't and he got cut. Hopefully for his sake, he grows up and doesn't ruin a great opportunity. But stop blaming the Bills for not keeping a lazy, undisciplined player around.

Perhaps.

However, in order for the coaching staff to have screwed up, we have to assume that each WR competing for that one spot during TC gave the exact same effort while on the clock, mastered each detail identically, and put in the exact same amount of work study while off the clock. If that wasn't the case, and the evidence we have -while admittedly circumstantial -stongly suggests that it wasn't, then how can cutting Rogers be on the staff? This is a textbook case of a guy not doing enough to make the club if there ever was one.

I would give you that theory on a more established team talent-wise than the Bills...When you are established, especially at the players position (WR in this case), then no question a team is going to lean to the guy with less issues at the time...Which I think played part in the decision to cut Rogers...This organization has been over-valuing the actual talent here for a while now...IMHO the Bills were in the perfect position to gamble a bit on Rogers with that 6th WR position...They had nothing to lose...They could always cut him later if he was not progressing...They simply had to show a little patience and lean heavy on the top 5 WR's...And yes it does matter that the Bills lack leadership at the WR position...I think the very presence of Reggie Wayne has made a big difference for Rogers...Reggie Wayne will not be outworked...And I doubt, even injured, he's going to stand for less than 100% effort from any WR on that team...

And no offense, but anyone who thinks this team is better off this year with Hogan instead of Rogers is taking a bigger leap than the folks assuming Rogers will become a legit NFL WR...Especially considering the team is 5-9...No one would have noticed...In fact there is a better chance Rogers would have at least made a couple big plays by now given the opportunity...So maybe we would have noticed...And he's got all the athletic talent needed to run down the field and make 6 tackles in 14 games on ST's...

This move was all about Marrone making a statement...He was not going to be flexible with Rogers and make an exception as a Rookie HC...And I do understand that is his way...It's his way or the highway right now...I get that... We'll see in time if it works to his advantage...My guess is had they worked with Rogers and turned him around the way Indy is attempting to do it would have bought Marrone a heck of a lot more respect in that locker room...Especially with the younger players...But we'll see...I could be wrong... B-)

I don't think he does, but the sports media here is convincing me otherwise...

He's a little spotty at times but man are fans irrational. He is about to take the Bengals to their 3rd playoff berth in his 3rd season in the NFL. Have teh Bengals ever done that before? Also, if Dalton didn't have fire red hair, people would think he is a better QB. Fact.

He's a little spotty at times but man are fans irrational. He is about to take the Bengals to their 3rd playoff berth in his 3rd season in the NFL. Have teh Bengals ever done that before? Also, if Dalton didn't have fire red hair, people would think he is a better QB. Fact.

No! That is what makes it so funny. They have been bad for so long, what I wouldn't give for the Bills to be in the playoffs for even one year let alone 3 straight. Yeah, get rid of the QB! Start over! Flacco was/is spotty at times too...

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Totals from his last 3 games of the season (after his breakout game):

Targets: 14

Receptions: 8

Yards: 85

TDs: 0

It's a tough league for rookie wideouts but the kid showed something.

Season Totals: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/16159/darick-rogers

He ended the season with more catches, yards and TDs than Hogan and Easley combined. In addition, he will only get better; Hogan will be out of the league. I am done on this topic.

He ended the season with more catches, yards and TDs than Hogan and Easley combined. In addition, he will only get better; Hogan will be out of the league. I am done on this topic.

In one month more than their combined careers, I believe....

BUT BUT BUT look how good our special teams are with those guys!