Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

I know when streeter was drafted. Im saying what are we possibly developing in Streeter? Hes not a rookie. Are we developing him to come on the bills active roster next season at 26 yrs old?

Ask Freddie Jackson about that age thing.

Streeter was raw and he came out of college at 23, so obviously he was held back. And he's only a first year project. At his age it means nothing about his potential and development. His situation is similar to Rogers, except that Bills didn't have two starters go out for the season to give Streeter a shot.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rotoworld_FB

Da'Rick Rogers played 68% of snaps Sunday http://www.rotoworld...5/darick-rogers

Da'Rick Rogers played on 41-of-60 (68.3 percent) snaps in Sunday's loss to the Bengals.

At long last, the Colts identified their talent and utilized it. Darrius Heyward-Bey was demoted to 23 snaps while T.Y. Hilton led the way with 45 and LaVon Brazill chipped in with 42. Rogers is the man to watch here as the unique talent that went undrafted in April solely due to off-field concerns.

His on-field ability was never in doubt and he proved it by busting out for a 6/107/2 line against Cincy. Rogers comes with risk because he's so unproven, but this usage confirms he'll at least be a WR4 with upside in a nice matchup in the dome against the Texans Week 15. Dec 9 - 11:29 AM

Source: NFL.com

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Its crazy to expect a player to learn the playbook? How is he expected to get onto the field and play if he doesn't know the playbook? You would think that someone who went undrafted and wants to make a career in the NFL with red flags of having attitude/work ethics issues would work even harder to learn the plays and get himself out on the field then anyone else on the team

Players learn and develop at different rates...Expecting a Rookie WR to learn a playbook as fast as a journeyman, on his 4th NFL team, is a bit ridiculous...Especially when that Rookie really only played one full year of big time College football...

You're looking at this thing the same way the Bills coaches did, and with all respect due, that was a HUGE mistake...Especially considering where this team was talent-wise overall, and the massive need at WR...Marrone and Hackett got ahead of themselves believing this team was WAY closer than it was instead of sticking to a plan of developing REAL talent for the future of this franchise when it's actually (or maybe I should say hopefully) going to be good a couple years down the road...

The Colts certainly did not have the same outlook for Rogers, and it's already paying dividends in his Rookie year...It takes an organization, and a coaching staff with real vision to do these things...It takes a an organization with REAL leadership at the WR position (I'm assuming Reggie Wayne is helpful in Indy) to expect a player like Rogers will put in the necessary work long-term to reach his potential in time...The Bills have none of that vision, leadership, guts, whatever...That's why they are bottom-feeders...

But make no mistake...As long as they have fans out there who continuously buy in to every bit of drivel they spew, like the drivel they spewed when they released Rogers and kept "7-11," the Bills will always be a financially viable entity in the NFL...So my guess is it's no big deal to them anyway...They'll just Draft a WR in the 1st round and say that was the plan all along... B-)

because all grown men who want to make millions should have to need coaches to get them motivated to do their job. Like Marv Levy said his dad told him, if you're going to be a janitor then be the best janitor you can. Rogers didn't have the motivation when he was in Buffalo by all accounts available. We can't speak for what has happened since so maybe he realized he has to get his act together. But I was fine that we cut him under the circumstances understood but still believewe should have aattempted to retain him on PS. That we did not confused me and and makes me question Hilliard and our coaching staff

You are living in the past brother.

look at the good coaches today. they are smart articulate motivaters! Levy's style would not work with today's NFL.

Pete Carrol is the best at it. Belichick will be nothing once Brady leaves. he is the only one who i can think of that is not an emmotional succesful HC.

You win some and lose some. The Bills have some good players on this years roster who were undrafted rookies. They gave DaRick a chance and it didn't pan out.

Also, usually failure humbles a player. I remember when DaRick received a 15 yard penalty for taunting in the preseason that the coach spoke to him about.

I'm sure after getting cut and being given a chance with the Colts his attitude changed. The comment coming in early and staying late at night is an obvious reflection on his work ethic. I can't say if he was doing that in Buffalo. If he did, Marrone seems like the kinda coach that would give someone like that a chance.

Good for DaRick. I wish him the best. In the meantime, I like the job our front office has done finding talented free agents, and I know that will continue.

You win some and lose some. The Bills have some good players on this years roster who were undrafted rookies. They gave DaRick a chance and it didn't pan out.

Also, usually failure humbles a player. I remember when DaRick received a 15 yard penalty for taunting in the preseason that the coach spoke to him about.

I'm sure after getting cut and being given a chance with the Colts his attitude changed. The comment coming in early and staying late at night is an obvious reflection on his work ethic. I can't say if he was doing that in Buffalo. If he did, Marrone seems like the kinda coach that would give someone like that a chance.

Good for DaRick. I wish him the best. In the meantime, I like the job our front office has done finding talented free agents, and I know that will continue.

That was actually during an OTA session after Da'Rick made a big catch over a DB. The guy was clearly immature and should have been on the Bills' PS if they had any foresight at all as well as faith in their ability to reach and teach young players. But no!! Let the Colts be the beneficiaries of his talent once properly harnessed. It's not like the Bills have a need for a big, physical, fast WR who breaks tackles and makes big plays. :rolleyes:

Is he 8 years old?

Are you really naive enough to think Rogers is the only rookie player in the history of the NFL who needed to learn and understand what it takes to become a professional football player?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Is he 8 years old?

its probably one of the most common problems with really gifted athletes - they are used to being able to crush the opposition while coasting on effort in high school, and often even college. hit the nfl and they get slapped in the face with how much work you really have to do.

between his reputation, and as a guy that beat up the SEC as a sophomore and then only had a year at a low level school after that, it should have been pretty well expected that teaching him good practice habits was going to be part of the process.

You are living in the past brother.

look at the good coaches today. they are smart articulate motivaters! Levy's style would not work with today's NFL.

Pete Carrol is the best at it. Belichick will be nothing once Brady leaves. he is the only one who i can think of that is not an emmotional succesful HC.

By all accounts, Levy was one of the smartest and articulate coaches in recent memory. Perhaps his age when he was with the Bills would be against him nowadays, but there weren't many guys that weren't willing to run through a wall for the guy.

Belichick beat the Bills with Jeff Hostetler and still had a winning season with Cassel. He's a huge jerk, but he's also a great coach.

its probably one of the most common problems with really gifted athletes - they are used to being able to crush the opposition while coasting on effort in high school, and often even college. hit the nfl and they get slapped in the face with how much work you really have to do.

between his reputation, and as a guy that beat up the SEC as a sophomore and then only had a year at a low level school after that, it should have been pretty well expected that teaching him good practice habits was going to be part of the process.

Exactly right... :thumbsup:

To be honest I'm still shocked the Bills handled this the way they did...They knew EXACTLY what they were getting with Rogers, or at least they should have known...That move shocked me to be honest...And it was a definite first-crack in the foundation of trust I had in Marrone and Whaley...I still don't understand why Rogers could not be our 6th WR...And I never will understand it no matter what kind of spin Marrone or Hackett want to give it...

But anyway... B-)

I am sorry but here we are 14 or so pages in and yet to see a legit argument as to why he wasn't at least kept on the practice squad.

-The "he was given a chance" crowd cannot at this point believe that it was wise to keep Chris Hogan over him for this particular team. You can find a lot of hustling players with minimal talent. It was a zero risk proposition.

-The "he's a cancer crowd" have never answered the question of which locker room was ever influenced by an undrafted rookie? The answer is none.

IMO, this decision was a microcosm for the last 14 years. You have a chance to develop a talented guy at the expense of camp fodder. Instead, you kept the scrub. In the talented guy's first start he had 100 yards and 2 TDs. Hogan may not have that in his career.

Are you really naive enough to think Rogers is the only rookie player in the history of the NFL who needed to learn and understand what it takes to become a professional football player?

He didn't start realizing until week 14 that practice is beneficial? Yes, I am the naive one.

I am sorry but here we are 14 or so pages in and yet to see a legit argument as to why he wasn't at least kept on the practice squad.

-The "he was given a chance" crowd cannot at this point believe that it was wise to keep Chris Hogan over him for this particular team. You can find a lot of hustling players with minimal talent. It was a zero risk proposition.

-The "he's a cancer crowd" have never answered the question of which locker room was ever influenced by an undrafted rookie? The answer is none.

IMO, this decision was a microcosm for the last 14 years. You have a chance to develop a talented guy at the expense of camp fodder. Instead, you kept the scrub. In the talented guy's first start he had 100 yards and 2 TDs. Hogan may not have that in his career.

Could not have said it better myself... :thumbsup:

Maybe because according to Luck he is just now realizing, in week 14, that "practice" pays dividends. At least he is figuring it out - I hope he helps them and they help him. I am not in either one of the crowds you mention. I don't see why he would be a cancer, but I do think he was given a chance by 1 team, the Bills, and he couldn't figure out how to make the team or the PS. So I don't "blame" them, especially because I don't know the whole story. Edited by YoloInTheBlo