Well as of right now we draft 6th

Kellyto83TD

Not to derail this into a Russell Wilson conversation but I wonder what the Bills record would be if he were the QB? Obviously the Bills would have went in another direction in the draft and who knows what the rest of the team would look like but I would think that the Bills would have won NE, Cincy, Cleveland, KC and ATL with Wilson and the rest of this team.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the TJ Graham pick made me sick --- Wilson was a 3rd-4th round consensus coming out --- the fact the Bills didn't take him and instead traded up to get TJ Graham will go down as Buddy's worst move as GM ---- and this isn't a hindsight is 20/20 deal -- the Bills needed a young QB and Buddy said he didn't see one worth taking --- crap, crap and more crap and we pay for it every time you see Wilson on the field -- the guy is a young Drew Brees !! ---- as for this draft --- when all is said and done, Bills will pick in the 8-12 range -- we'll win at least 2 more games and finish 6-10 ---- at that point Mack and Evan will both be in play --- I'd take Mack, I think we can get a TE in 2nd and LG in FA --- those are the 3 BIG HOLES to fill ---

You're right, it's not. There were a whole lot of us that got really excited when they announced we had traded up b/c obviously we were going to take Wilson, only to get smacked in the face with TJ Who?

That's a top 5 worst Bills memory ever for me, & given this team's track record that's saying something.

Ha ha, is that for real?!? Imagine if that happened here?!?

True fact. Sad thing is that their punter was a better pick than the WR we traded up to draft instead of Wilson. At least the Jags can say "He was the best punter still on the board."

And this was no Brady...everyone KNEW he was great value there. Nobody knew how good...but at 3/4...everyone knew he was great value. And there we are...passing on available great value at QB...

I hate this team. This season really is a breaking point for me. I'll be back on the wagon for the draft and week1 but I'm going to sulk for some time. Extremely disgusted.

I'm right there with you. It's like I'm reading my own thoughts.

Yep, this is not a case of 20/20 hindsight. Many, many knowledgable observers believed Wilson was going to be a good pro. As a 3d round pick, he was a no- brainer. Not for Buddy, though. The Bills always out-smart themselves.

Yep, anybody could go back & look up the posts. There were a lot of guys on here who watch college football that were all over Wilson before this draft. I think one poster even suggested drafting him with the Bills first round pick saying I don't care what the experts say this guy is going to be a good one. If the posters on this board know this shouldn't Nix & the Bills personal?

Assuming we don't get a qb (and i really don't think we will), i agree with a previous poster that our biggest gain might come from drafting on D. the sad thing is, unless gilmore all of a sudden returns to the form he showed for a couple of weeks last year, our biggest need is CB. i do like the u buff OLB, i think he's a monster, and i'd take him, but i am pretty sure we will go cb, maybe not in the first tho.

Supposing we're in the 8-10 range, this is what I'd like to see

Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR (6'5" 225 lb.) - TAMU

Rd 2: Gabe Jackson - OG (6'3' 340 lb.) - MS St

Rd 3 Carlos Hyde - RB (6'0" 235 lb.) - OSU

Rd 4 Aaron Murray - QB (6' 1" 210 lb) - GA

Rd 5 Juwuan James - OT (6'6" 325 lb) - TN

Rd 6 Colt Lyerla - TE (6'5" 250 lb.) - OR

Rd 7 Kevin Norwood - WR (6' 1" 205 lb) - AB

I think Murray goes much earlier. Some of the good teams will take a flyer on him in Rd 2 or 3.

Supposing we're in the 8-10 range, this is what I'd like to see

Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR (6'5" 225 lb.) - TAMU

Rd 2: Gabe Jackson - OG (6'3' 340 lb.) - MS St

Rd 3 Carlos Hyde - RB (6'0" 235 lb.) - OSU

Rd 4 Aaron Murray - QB (6' 1" 210 lb) - GA

Rd 5 Juwuan James - OT (6'6" 325 lb) - TN

Rd 6 Colt Lyerla - TE (6'5" 250 lb.) - OR

Rd 7 Kevin Norwood - WR (6' 1" 205 lb) - AB

I will be curious to see how Evans runs at the combine. If he runs well, I would definitely take him, unless Mariota is available. I think 6th rd is too high for Colt; he is a complete mess. I doubt he gets drafted. I think 4th rd is about right for Murray and that is about where I see Bills drafting a QB this year.

I think Murray goes much earlier. Some of the good teams will take a flyer on him in Rd 2 or 3.

Sadly, I tend to agree. I also think that McCarron will go around there too. And the way things are wrt quarterbacks, I would not really be shocked if one or both of them went late in the 1st.

Not to derail this into a Russell Wilson conversation but I wonder what the Bills record would be if he were the QB? Obviously the Bills would have went in another direction in the draft and who knows what the rest of the team would look like but I would think that the Bills would have won NE, Cincy, Cleveland, KC and ATL with Wilson and the rest of this team.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Yes, I wish the Bills had taken a 3rd round flyer on Wilson, he's excellent. The Seahawks D compared to the Bills? I'm afraid there is no comparison, particularly when it comes to LB's and the secondary. Not sure if the Bills have one player that could start in that defensive backfield. And they are not high draft picks either. Shows the ineptitude of our scouting dept. in past seasons. I hope Whaley is the one to turn this around, as that is truly the reason this team cannot manage to find their way into the playoffs. Not enough good players, simple as that.

Wilson would likely be in the process of being run out of town here, due to poor development. :)

this

I will be curious to see how Evans runs at the combine. If he runs well, I would definitely take him, unless Mariota is available. I think 6th rd is too high for Colt; he is a complete mess. I doubt he gets drafted. I think 4th rd is about right for Murray and that is about where I see Bills drafting a QB this year.

If you think Murray is going in round four you are high.

2nd round at latest.

the guy set SEC records all over the place. He was hamstrung this year with injuries all over the place. And his D was horrible.

I am not sure how Murray will pan out, but he will be a 1-2nd rounder.

this

2nd round at latest.

the guy set SEC records all over the place. He was hamstrung this year with injuries all over the place. And his D was horrible.

I mocked Murray in the 4th, not him. I don't claim the prediction's right. I based round placement on projections from 3 different draft sites. This time last year Tayvon Austin was projected to go in the 3rd, so take it with a grain of salt. It's just for fun.

this

2nd round at latest.

Maybe so, but every time I have seen Murray he has reminded me of a shorter version of Landry Jones. UGA certainly has underperformed with him at QB, although I confess that I don't follow the team closely.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/11/10/5088482/2014-nfl-draft-order-buccaneers-take-first-for-a-day

I would normally see this as a bright spot in ANOTHER crap season, but we have the same clowns picking players so even that is a downer. I would say tank the rest of the season for the #3-4 pick, but what would it matter. These clowns will screw it up.

And you KNOW what is going to happen right? Manzel comes out and is #1 and there will still be 2-3 NFL ready type QB's (unlike EJ who had no business being picked in the first) and Buffalo will bypass them because they have EJ.

And why not? isn't that how it normally goes for the Bills fans?

Johnny will not be the first pick, and won't even be ther first QB taken. Johnny won't even be one of first 2 QBs taken. He will be 3rd or 4th QB taken at best and might slip more if he has a bad combine or more off field crap.

Edited by Alphadawg7