Horrific stats about the Bills offense

Offense looked stable in the first game. Not good, but enough to build on. But it has gradually gotten worse. A lot of problems. I would say hacket is the main problem, but the QBs, receivers, and marrone shouldn't get a pass. This offense sucking is a group effort. Qbs making coslty turnovers, receivers dropping balls all over the place, hacket's overall contribution, and marrone for being an offensive minded HC.... Fred Jackson and maybe Eric wood can be forgiven. Rest of them need a wakeup cal

There are 32 teams in the league:

Offensive Touchdowns/game - 27

Points/play - 29

Points/game - 24

Redzone scores/game - 29

Redzone scoring % - 30

This is a bottom tier offense in the NFL.

Don't forget sacks. Last season 30 total, 31 and counting this year.

poor qb situation, CJ not being a traditional goal line back, having smaller speedy receivers instead of big physical guys.... its partially hackett, but likely a bit of the way the offense is constructed right now from a personnel standpoint. Id like to see a big feature WR and/or TE added and instead of choice, a more bowling ball goal line type back to help round things out.

If we went WR, TE, G (or T with intent to slide inside) with our first three picks, i wouldnt be terribly upset (assuming it would make sense without terrible reaching

Bowling ball type back... Last year they had McIntyre and didn't use him. This year they have Summers and don't use him. Please, please, please Somebody explain this to me.

Bowling ball type back... Last year they had McIntyre and didn't use him. This year they have Summers and don't use him. Please, please, please Somebody explain this to me.

Don't know - better blockers than ball carriers? Not trusting the line to just get a push?

FB position is being phased out in the "new" pass first NFL. Big FB are dinosaurs. Bills need better road grading O-linemen. There is a reason they can't run the ball in from inside the 5. Red zone play calling and execution is poor this season. This can be fixed and hopefully soon.

FB position is being phased out in the "new" pass first NFL. Big FB are dinosaurs. Bills need better road grading O-linemen. There is a reason they can't run the ball in from inside the 5. Red zone play calling and execution is poor this season. This can be fixed and hopefully soon.

This. the Bills have stunk in short yardage/ red zone running situations for longer than I care to remember. Marrone knows this is an issue and played OL himself. They will get this shored up.

poor qb situation, CJ not being a traditional goal line back, having smaller speedy receivers instead of big physical guys.... its partially hackett, but likely a bit of the way the offense is constructed right now from a personnel standpoint. Id like to see a big feature WR and/or TE added and instead of choice, a more bowling ball goal line type back to help round things out.

If we went WR, TE, G (or T with intent to slide inside) with our first three picks, i wouldnt be terribly upset (assuming it would make sense without terrible reaching

The Bills have the personnel for a spread offense. Small, fast WRs and a small, fast RB who pretty much needs open space to be effective. The problem is they don't have a QB who can run the spread. So they line up in traditional formations and try to force a square peg through a round hole.

They either need to spread things out a or they need to find new skill position players. It's obviously much easier to change the scheme, but I don't see that happening, particularly not while they're trying to protect their rook QB.

The Bills have the personnel for a spread offense. Small, fast WRs and a small, fast RB who pretty much needs open space to be effective. The problem is they don't have a QB who can run the spread. So they line up in traditional formations and try to force a square peg through a round hole.

They either need to spread things out a or they need to find new skill position players. It's obviously much easier to change the scheme, but I don't see that happening, particularly not while they're trying to protect their rook QB.

I thought spread was super easy to run?

My captain obvious comment: the Defense has improved, and the offense has digressed.

So this is a serious suggestion: Is it time to bring back Chan to be the Offensive Coordinator? . . . I would be all for it, especially comparing him to what we have now.

I thought spread was super easy to run?

It calls for accurate pre-snap reads and quick decisions post snap. Things that rookies aren't typically very good at.

I question how much they've giving to Manuel right now. The Bills never put a WR in motion which is a quick and easy way for a QB to find out if the D is in man or in zone. It's like it doesn't matter because he's got one option to throw to and if he's covered it's a dump off.