Horrific stats about the Bills offense

do those essentially amount to scoring not scoring tds in the redzone and settling for FGs or having turnovers? how many trips to the red zone are we making, i guess im asking.

of course when you are low in redzone percentage youd be low in TDs per game, points per game, etc.... so id guess all of these stats tie back into not scoring 7 when we have a good chance to.

Edited by NoSaint

Hackett isn't very good.

poor qb situation, CJ not being a traditional goal line back, having smaller speedy receivers instead of big physical guys.... its partially hackett, but likely a bit of the way the offense is constructed right now from a personnel standpoint. Id like to see a big feature WR and/or TE added and instead of choice, a more bowling ball goal line type back to help round things out.

If we went WR, TE, G (or T with intent to slide inside) with our first three picks, i wouldnt be terribly upset (assuming it would make sense without terrible reaching

Edited by NoSaint

poor qb situation, CJ not being a traditional goal line back, having smaller speedy receivers instead of big physical guys.... its partially hackett, but likely a bit of the way the offense is constructed right now from a personnel standpoint. Id like to see a big feature WR and/or TE added and instead of choice, a more bowling ball goal line type back to help round things out.

What team in the league wouldn't want a dominant WR and TE and a big physical back at the goal line?

How many excuses need to be made? Hackett calls terrible games regardless of the situation. Last week was the best game he's called as our OC. The approach yesterday looked night and day. He simply is getting outmatched by defenses and it's embarrassing to watch.

What team in the league wouldn't want a dominant WR and TE and a big physical back at the goal line?

obviously. and many do have atleast one of those. in addition to better power running game. and its part of why they do better.

i acknowledged that hackett hasnt been stellar. didnt attempt to defend him. but figured id add more than "fire hackett" to the discussion.

But only us & Denver score 20pts every wee....

Oh, that lame garbage stat is gone now because our defense is no longer getting 5 int's & scoring TD's? Nevermind.

dont know what the numbers say, but gut said we were kicking too many fgs to cap off our successful drives for much of the year.

If we went WR, TE, G (or T with intent to slide inside) with our first three picks, i wouldnt be terribly upset (assuming it would make sense without terrible reaching

I would like to at least see what stevie can do in the redzone. Last two throws on the goal line were 1) straight to a defending corner and 2) 15 feet out of bounds. Stevie's not the most physical guy but he has some good moves to create separation which is crucial.

There are 32 teams in the league:

Offensive Touchdowns/game - 27

Points/play - 29

Points/game - 24

Redzone scores/game - 29

Redzone scoring % - 30

This is a bottom tier offense in the NFL.

Thanks for the update captain obvious.

In other news john madden wanted us all to know the only way to win football games is to score more than the other team!

*Edit* Sorry still bitter

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I would like to at least see what stevie can do in the redzone. Last two throws on the goal line were 1) straight to a defending corner and 2) 15 feet out of bounds. Stevie's not the most physical guy but he has some good moves to create separation which is crucial.

With stevie it is the quick slant. That is his bread in butter in the redzone. The fade to him the redzone was an awful playcall.

Thanks for the update captain obvious.

In other news john madden wanted us all to know the only way to win football games is to score more than the other team!

*Edit* Sorry still bitter

There are a lot of casual fans that think this offense is really good.

There are atleast a handful of drives this year where the defense gave the offense the opportunity to kick atleast a field goal (even if they go 3 and out) off of turnovers.

right, but thats true of many teams. unless you are pulling stats on defenses forcing turnovers in their own end and we are ranked abnormally high, im not sure how much you can say. for example, our average starting field position on offense is also 27th according to football outsiders.

The entire team tanked yesterday. Stevie gets hurt every game as of late. EJ was terrible. CJ was terrible. Goodwin was terrible. It is getting a little old hearing the Coach tell us the same story every week. We are not a good team and will need two or more drafts to get a fix. Than we will have a new staff and start all over. Who wants to play for a poor team? So you loose your free agents. It's just a circle. Spend some money and get a few free agents. This is getting worse.

The real question in all of this is what do the Bills do about it for the balance of the season, in the draft and then in preparation for next year. Personally, I hope they do not simply sit on the EJ is the answer scenario. I am not throwing him out but if the Bills want to turn this situation around. I think all options must be on the table including:

Reviewing FA vets

Using another high pick on a QB

Significant coaching with another QB coach for EJ

To the latter point I hope Marrone looks closely at his choice of Hackett as OC. lesson learned with Chan. He hung on to DC's too long or made poor choices. I believe it cost him his job and the success of the team. Again not saying Hackett needs to be out but that Marrone should evaluate and consider this as an option.