Flee - Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit "nightmare cities"

Not sure where this thread belongs but given some of the focus of the article is on taxation and labor rates thought it is a PPP topic. The gist of the article is that people used to move for jobs. Now other factors including, taxes and lifestyle are considered in the equation. Buffalo specifically called out as a nightmare city where people are fleeing for the double whammy of job loss and taxation.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/cities-americans-moving-escaping-154840318.html

Not sure where this thread belongs but given some of the focus of the article is on taxation and labor rates thought it is a PPP topic. The gist of the article is that people used to move for jobs. Now other factors including, taxes and lifestyle are considered in the equation. Buffalo specifically called out as a nightmare city where people are fleeing for the double whammy of job loss and taxation.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/cities-americans-moving-escaping-154840318.html

You mean cities dominated by unions, democrats, high taxes and special interests for decades have created a case study on what democrat policies If left unchecked for decades will create?

And if I hear one more person complain of "vote the bums out, except my guy because he brings home the Bacon" ugggjhh

You mean cities dominated by unions, democrats, high taxes and special interests for decades have created a case study on what democrat policies If left unchecked for decades will create?

And if I hear one more person complain of "vote the bums out, except my guy because he brings home the Bacon" ugggjhh

You can add to the above Cali population would be harder hit if not for immigration. So unions, etc certainly have had impact there. Cali has a huge climate created advantage or perhaps a lifestyle advantage given the range of choice available to people. This serves as a counterbalance that cities like Buffalo do not have.

You can see the disease spread as the yuppies gentrify rural states like NH, and Oregon. They commute to big cities and live in the country. Then they pollute the local politics and taxes go up as they put their spawn in the local schools and demand they have bus service, new libraries, snow plowing, garbage pickup, new roads and sewers, more police and firemen, etc. They gentrify the locals who's families have lived there for generations right out of town as they can't afford the new taxes. It's kinds the model for Obamacare. If you thought you were happy with your quiet little community - you can't keep it because we don't think you should live that way. [/sANCTIMONIOUS LEFTIES]

You can see the disease spread as the yuppies gentrify rural states like NH, and Oregon. They commute to big cities and live in the country. Then they pollute the local politics and taxes go up as they put their spawn in the local schools and demand they have bus service, new libraries, snow plowing, garbage pickup, new roads and sewers, more police and firemen, etc. They gentrify the locals who's families have lived there for generations right out of town as they can't afford the new taxes. It's kinds the model for Obamacare. If you thought you were happy with your quiet little community - you can't keep it because we don't think you should live that way. [/sANCTIMONIOUS LEFTIES]

Well you could knock out a few teeth and move to the hooollowers of West Verginneeee..... That way you will escape the yuppie transplants.

There's certainly no shortage of people from California moving here to Austin, most from silicon valley & the San Fransisco areas. They're coming here because their employers are relocating to escape California's tax rates, and Austin is far less conservative than than Houston, Dallas, or Fort Worth are.

Well you could knock out a few teeth and move to the hooollowers of West Verginneeee..... That way you will escape the yuppie transplants.

That's not at all my style. I live and pay the freight at the going rate, and drink fine wine every night.

There's certainly no shortage of people from California moving here to Austin, most from silicon valley & the San Fransisco areas. They're coming here because their employers are relocating to escape California's tax rates, and Austin is far less conservative than than Houston, Dallas, or Fort Worth are.

Gee, I wish they could find oil in Western New York so we could cut taxes, too. If it wasn't for oil Texas would just be one big Mississippi