website with the stat "sacks given up"

ch19079

i ment sacks given up by each O-Line player.

the website has been posted a few times on here, but i lost the address, and i tried searching for it, but i cant find it there eather.

thanks for the link anyways... :(

i ment sacks given up by each O-Line player.

the website has been posted a few times on here, but i lost the address, and i tried searching for it, but i cant find it there eather.

thanks for the link anyways... :D

209732[/snapback]

I'd be interested in this as well. The stat seems fairly dubious to me as the nature of changing line calls strikes me as making this assignment of a sack to an individual player seems a dubious guess in so many cases.

I think there tend to be easier cases to see, For example, the LT slot sometimes leaves the blocker on an island and he really is going straight up against an opposing DE who beats him on a speed rush and it is pretty clear who is at fault.

However, on stunts and with blocking inside, the assignment is more dubious to make. An LT may be lined up against an LDE, but if the rusher stunts inside and the outside rusher is clearly going to be an OLB who gets picked up by the LT, I think it would be false to assign the LT with a sack responsibility because the LDE he is lined up against circles inside and beats aguard or the center for the sack.

We'll see it is to be hoped.

I'd be interested in this as well. The stat seems fairly dubious to me as the nature of changing line calls strikes me as making this assignment of a sack to an individual player seems a dubious guess in so many cases.

I think there tend to be easier cases to see,  For example, the LT slot sometimes leaves the blocker on an island and he really is going straight up against an opposing DE who beats him on a speed rush and it is pretty clear who is at fault.

However, on stunts and with blocking inside, the assignment is more dubious to make.  An LT may be lined up against an LDE, but if the rusher stunts inside and the outside rusher is clearly going to be an OLB who gets picked up by the LT, I think it would be false to assign the LT with a sack responsibility because the LDE he is lined up against circles inside and beats aguard or the center for the sack.

We'll see it is to be hoped.

211081[/snapback]

good points.

i just want to know if a FA OG or OT is any good. i dont know many O-Lineman names. so maybe that stat will help me.

there are about 5 O-Lineman that are said to be good FA, but are they?? or are they just average???

i want to be able to say, "i want this guy". or if we do sign one, i want to know that he is a solid player.. ya know...