Marv Levy Interview on ESPN Radio

YoloinOhio

One of the national ESPN radio shows interviewed Marv today... I guess he has a book coming out. He said a few interesting things:

1. He didn't know how long it had been since the bills have been to the playoffs - he said he thought maybe 15 years

2. He indicated he felt the Bills were too quick to move on from Fitz, should have given him more time

3. He thinks the Bills have a VERY good defense

4. He really hopes they give EJ time to develop

5. He thought their record was 3-5

Not bad for 88. If Graham runs the right route at the pats last year Fitz and chan are still here.

Ugh, love our new coaching staff so much more. Wanny was archaic as can be while Pettine is the most aggressive/progressive DC out there and Chan may have had been good with offenses but don't feel he had the ability to lead men like Marrone.

Seems like he is still as astute and alert as we was when he was the GM.

well he did draft Levitre, Lynch, Byrd, Wood ...

I don't care about his comments. He is an elderly man and I wish him well. But as to the players you list above, the only one he drafted was Lynch.

......and the only player he drafted that is still on the team is Kyle Williams.

I really love Marv, but even his biggest fan has to acknowledge that his tenure as GM was pretty much a failure.

I wish he never came back as GM because not only did he do a rather unsatisfactory job but at the same time I feel like it tarnished the legacy that he had created with the Buffalo Bills and their fans. He was a great coach and motivator but was just not cut out for GM duties, especially at his age.

well he did draft Levitre, Lynch, Byrd, Wood ...

If I could get into the draft stories from his tenure you would realize that he literally had NOTHING to do with personnel decisions. I don't really feel comfortable getting into them here but trust me he was GM in name only. He was in place to make us feel good about the organization again. There was a large disconnect between the organization and the fanbase at that time. Strangely, I think that he did a decent job of that in the post Donahoe era.

I wish he never came back as GM because not only did he do a rather unsatisfactory job but at the same time I feel like it tarnished the legacy that he had created with the Buffalo Bills and their fans. He was a great coach and motivator but was just not cut out for GM duties, especially at his age.

Sadly, I agree...

I still do not understand his ability to say Fitz should have had more time, yet he does not know our last 13 years. I do agree that Fitz should have had more time but there was no chance for that with his contract.

Seems like he is still as astute and alert as we was when he was the GM.

He was not that god awful as a GM. Maybe it is revisionist history but looking back on some of the moves today we cannot be so sure that he was out of touch.