American Ag...

boyst

18b3bda10f347df8adeb90e6f07b63cb.jpg

In the world of spin we live in, you have to love how agriculture promotion only features items that are heavily subsidized or rely on heavily subsidized items as food sources.

Potato production dwarfs all of those items in terms of food production per acre. Why don't you ever see potatoes promoted?

Or if the amount of food produced per acre isn't the issue......how about promoting vegetable production? Healthy, right? People want their kids eating more veggies, no?

That ad implies that the business of farming mostly benefits farm families but the items on that list are basically controlled from seed to table by huge corporations, who create lobbies, who keep the subsidies in place that often keep family farms just barely afloat and/or create a disincentive for them to try to take the kind of risks that lead to growth in other sectors. In other cases, that corporate influence creates lazy gentleman farm environments that tie up land that could be used for more productive agricultural endeavors.

In the world of spin we live in, you have to love how agriculture promotion only features items that are heavily subsidized or rely on heavily subsidized items as food sources.

Potato production dwarfs all of those items in terms of food production per acre. Why don't you ever see potatoes promoted?

Or if the amount of food produced per acre isn't the issue......how about promoting vegetable production? Healthy, right? People want their kids eating more veggies, no?

That ad implies that the business of farming mostly benefits farm families but the items on that list are basically controlled from seed to table by huge corporations, who create lobbies, who keep the subsidies in place that often keep family farms just barely afloat and/or create a disincentive for them to try to take the kind of risks that lead to growth in other sectors. In other cases, that corporate influence creates lazy gentleman farm environments that tie up land that could be used for more productive agricultural endeavors.

well. I'd suggest you protest. Sounds like you have strong opinions. Take all your food from farmers and throw it out. Don't help the machine!

well. I'd suggest you protest. Sounds like you have strong opinions. Take all your food from farmers and throw it out. Don't help the machine!

Maybe they do. Gotta admit, it is heavy spin what you posted. What do you expect? People to stop eating? In this case, there is nothing wrong with biting the hand that feeds you... We all probably would be better off! Just saying, no offense.

You seem much smarter when you are addressing football topics.

I am not criticizing farming as a profession, but way to be presumptuous. :rolleyes:

Like most americans, most of the food I get from those groupings and the majority of the profits made are more closely related to those corporations. if it wasn't cheaper for them to sub-out the production, those family farms producing corn, wheat and beef would be few and far between. And they don't mind farms that do what you do either, because it costs you more to produce the same items which means you have to charge more, which helps them inch their own prices up. That is to say nothing of you then pimping for them. :lol:

If you really want to promote farming....and specifically your type.....then use ads with free-market type items in them. Veggies, tree fruit, nuts, quinoa burgers, etc..