Comparing the eagles to the bills??

Corp000085

Apparently this guy didn't get the memo.... Hey assclown, the Eagles actually have to make it to the super bowl before you can compare them to the bills (i.e. stop losing at home, scrubs!) This guy does attempt to save face though and give good props to the bills.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/10668600.htm?1c

also on the frontpage.

...I knew that the Bills' SB trials and tribulations would come up in the Philly media this week.

Actually, Lyon was very complimentary to the Bills.

I do digress on one point--the Iggles' legacy of losing 4 straight NFC championships games would be worse than the Bills' losing 4 straight SBs. At least the Bills GOT THERE. The Iggles are still knocking on the door trying to earn their first SB ticket in 24 years.

This time around though, I think the Iggles break through and get to Jax. Jim Johnson (Iggles' DC) will come up with a game plan that will force Vick to beat the Iggles' D with his arm instead of his legs. Jeremiah Trotter will be a key player because I expect he will be the guy who will "mark" Vick when he takes off.

If the Falcons dont' put a hat on Brian Westbrook--the most valuable Iggle imho--they will be in a world of hurt. Westbrook's versatility frees McNabb up to do a lot of things offensively.

Next year has arrived for the Iggles. They're healthy (sans T.O.) and ready.

I've been trying to explain this to my co-workers all week...

There's a difference between beating Marino, Elway, Montana, and losing to Brad Johnson & Jake Delhomme; as home favorites no less. 

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  Philly

209653[/snapback]

Thank you!!! This comparison is total bull sh--!! Don't let the media take away from what we accomplished in the early 90's.

...I knew that the Bills' SB trials and tribulations would come up in the Philly media this week.

I do digress on one point--the Iggles' legacy of losing 4 straight NFC championships games would be worse than the Bills' losing 4 straight SBs.  At least the Bills GOT THERE.  The Iggles are still knocking on the door trying to earn their first SB ticket in 24 years.

This time around though, I think the Iggles break through and get to Jax.  Jim Johnson (Iggles' DC) will come up with a game plan that will force Vick to beat the Iggles' D with his arm instead of his legs.  Jeremiah Trotter will be a key player because I expect he will be the guy who will "mark" Vick when he takes off.

If the Falcons dont' put a hat on Brian Westbrook--the most valuable Iggle imho--they will be in a world of hurt.  Westbrook's versatility frees McNabb up to do a lot of things offensively.

Next year has arrived for the Iggles.  They're healthy (sans T.O.) and ready.

209642[/snapback]

Yeah, well, too bad they won't beat the Paytoilets.

Yeah, well, too bad they won't beat the Paytoilets.

209786[/snapback]

Correct JSP, probably not. If the Patsies conquer the Steelers, they'll be at least a 7-pt. favorite over the Iggles (double-digits if it's the Falcons).

Iggle fans are deluding themselves if they think T.O. is going to ride in on a golden chariot to save the day if they advance to Jax. He would not be even near 100% healthy and frankly could do the Iggles more harm than good if he did try to play.

I do digress on one point--the Iggles' legacy of losing 4 straight NFC championships games would be worse than the Bills' losing 4 straight SBs.  At least the Bills GOT THERE.  The Iggles are still knocking on the door trying to earn their first SB ticket in 24 years.

This time around though, I think the Iggles break through and get to Jax.  Jim Johnson (Iggles' DC) will come up with a game plan that will force Vick to beat the Iggles' D with his arm instead of his legs.  Jeremiah Trotter will be a key player because I expect he will be the guy who will "mark" Vick when he takes off.

If the Falcons dont' put a hat on Brian Westbrook--the most valuable Iggle imho--they will be in a world of hurt.  Westbrook's versatility frees McNabb up to do a lot of things offensively.

Next year has arrived for the Iggles.  They're healthy (sans T.O.) and ready.

209642[/snapback]

I disagree. The Eagles will definitely lose this game.

1. McNabb has a history of playing badly in the championship game.

2. He has only one weapon and that guy is a runningback.

3. Vick has become an even better QB than he was when they beat Green Bay in the playoffs. You just can't gameplan against Vick's skills of running with the ball.

4. Falcons will handle the Philly offensive line.

and it will be so much fun to watch the jerk Philly fans weep yet again.

I disagree. The Eagles will definitely lose this game.

1. McNabb has a history of playing badly in the championship game.

2. He has only one weapon and that guy is a runningback.

3. Vick has become an even better QB than he was when they beat Green Bay in the playoffs. You just can't gameplan against Vick's skills of running with the ball.

4. Falcons will handle the Philly offensive line.

and it will be so much fun to watch the jerk Philly fans weep yet again.

209829[/snapback]

We'll find out soon enough.

It's almost the same thing as us comparing our 90's SB run to a team that actually went to and WON four super bowls in a row.......that would be a stupid comparison. It's on a smaller scale, but that's essentially what the Eagles are compared to us right now. We won four AFC championships in a row.......they are on the verge of blowing a fourth in a row. There is NO comparison. There is no legacy of ours that they are going to be sharing if they lose on Sunday. Misery loves company and I understand why they would want to latch on to our successes, but the fact is they just don't measure up.

I discussed this with my eagles fan co worker... Well, i didn't discuss it, i more or less blurted out "you have to get there first", to which she replied "well we didn't lose four straight." I was thinking, at least we didn't lose 3 straight HOME championship games. Good lord that's pathetic.