Who would you rather have as our possession WR?

KurtGodel77

Which receiver would you rather have, Isaac Bruce or Moulds?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which receiver would you rather have, Isaac Bruce or Moulds?

• Isaac Bruce
    • Eric Moulds

ERIC MOULDS!

He's loyal, smart, driven, hard-working, patient, full of leadership, knows when to speak out and when to be silent, and is one HELL of a good football player. Without Drew and with a competent QB, he would have challenged Andre's records eventually. Besmirching the name of Eric Moulds or even ATTEMPTING to want to try and replace him with anyone would be ludicrous. He's stuck with us through the horrible times of Flutie and Johnson, and so I'm sticking with him.

Can I get an amen????

209559[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself. And he is every bit as good as you say here, despite what some stat obsessed fans feel.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And he is every bit as good as you say here, despite what some stat obsessed fans feel.

209677[/snapback]

It's not about the stats. It's about what I've seen on the field. My idea of a possession receiver is a guy who goes across the middle, makes the catch, and gets hit by two guys immediately following the catch. That's what I saw elite #1 WRs like Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin do when they were in their prime, and that's what I haven't seen Moulds do in some time. It's almost like they're using Moulds as a TE: he gets a ton of passes thrown his way, but they're all relatively short. The difference between Moulds and a pass-catching TE is that the latter would be expected to have good hands.

It's not about the stats. It's about what I've seen on the field. My idea of a possession receiver is a guy who goes across the middle, makes the catch, and gets hit by two guys immediately following the catch. That's what I saw elite #1 WRs like Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin do when they were in their prime, and that's what I haven't seen Moulds do in some time. It's almost like they're using Moulds as a TE: he gets a ton of passes thrown his way, but they're all relatively short. The difference between Moulds and a pass-catching TE is that the latter would be expected to have good hands.

209870[/snapback]

If it were truly about what happens on the field you would have acknowledged my post last week re: this differently. Contrary to your belief, teams do not double cover WR's simply because they get thrown to a lot. IMO it was a feeble attempt to blindly defend your point which had been blown to shreds by multiple posters and knowledgeable fans here. But carry on.....

If it were truly about what happens on the field you would have acknowledged my post last week re: this differently. Contrary to your belief, teams do not double cover WR's simply because they get thrown to a lot. IMO it was a feeble attempt to blindly defend your point which had been blown to shreds by multiple posters and knowledgeable fans here. But carry on.....

209894[/snapback]

Why wouldn't a team double cover a guy who gets thrown to a lot? I seem to remember Bobby Shaw getting his share of double coverage last year, and now he's no longer with the team.

Why wouldn't a team double cover a guy who gets thrown to a lot? I seem to remember Bobby Shaw getting his share of double coverage last year, and now he's no longer with the team.

210215[/snapback]

Bobby received no double coverage last year. Was that a cover 2 zone you saw him running underneath?

Yes way! We could also bring in Kurt Warner to replace an inept Drew Bledsoe while Losman gets more time to learn. Warner to Bruce sounds pretty good to me; especially with the pass protection our improved line can give him.

209529[/snapback]

That's a great idea. Then we can get Martz to come be our coach, he can fire Bobby April, and then we can stage a big play in the backyard to raise money to help out old man McGinty, who is going to lose his house soon if we don't come up with the money.

That's a great idea. Then we can get Martz to come be our coach, he can fire Bobby April, and then we can stage a big play in the backyard to raise money to help out old man McGinty, who is going to lose his house soon if we don't come up with the money.

210228[/snapback]

Clearly Mularkey is a better coach than Martz. But Warner got a QB rating ten points higher than Bledsoe. With Warner under center, the Giants went 5-3. After he got benched, they went 1-7 to finish 6-10. So I'd say Warner's talent and skilled play were masking other weaknesses that team had. If Warner can be on pace for a 10-6 record with the Giants, imagine what he'd do in Buffalo!

Moulds was 7th in the league in terms of passes thrown to. He was in the perfect situation to get a ton of yards: a run oriented team to take the pressure off the pass, and a ton of passes getting thrown his way to give him the lion's share of what passing yards there were. Only getting 1000 yards in that kind of situation isn't enough to justify $8.7 million a year.

209541[/snapback]

You also pointed out Bledsoe threw him the ball. The ball was behind him, over his head, in the dirt,etc. I don't think Bruce could have caught half the balls Eric caught from Bledsoe!

Clearly Mularkey is a better coach than Martz. But Warner got a QB rating ten points higher than Bledsoe. With Warner under center, the Giants went 5-3. After he got benched, they went 1-7 to finish 6-10. So I'd say Warner's talent and skilled play were masking other weaknesses that team had. If Warner can be on pace for a 10-6 record with the Giants, imagine what he'd do in Buffalo!

210273[/snapback]

You Fail to mention they had no defence after Warner was benched due to injury.

You also pointed out Bledsoe threw him the ball. The ball was behind him, over his head, in the dirt,etc. I don't think Bruce could have caught half the balls Eric caught from Bledsoe!

210282[/snapback]

It seemed that for every time Moulds bailed Bledsoe out by catching a badly thrown ball, there were at least ten times that he dropped a pass he should have caught. How can a team drive the length of the field with receivers who drop passes and can't get open deep?