Who would you rather have as our possession WR?

KurtGodel77

Which receiver would you rather have, Isaac Bruce or Moulds?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which receiver would you rather have, Isaac Bruce or Moulds?

• Isaac Bruce
    • Eric Moulds

This from ESPN:

"That kid (Kevin) Curtis of the Rams is going to be a heck of a receiver in that system. You wrote about him last week and you were either lucky or have a little better eye than I ever give you credit for. He's got great speed, gets out of his breaks, and can add yards after the catch. I read where (coach Mike) Martz said he thinks Curtis is ready to be a starter next season. I wonder what that means for Isaac Bruce, who's been dinged up more at this point in his career and has probably lost a step. I haven't looked at Bruce's cap number for next year, but I'm betting it's pretty big. And if Martz is going to play Curtis, we might see something happen with Bruce in the offseason."

So if the Rams cut Bruce to make way for Curtis, should we cut Moulds to make way for Bruce?

NO FUGGIN WAY!!

209528[/snapback]

Yes way! We could also bring in Kurt Warner to replace an inept Drew Bledsoe while Losman gets more time to learn. Warner to Bruce sounds pretty good to me; especially with the pass protection our improved line can give him.

Yes way! We could also bring in Kurt Warner to replace an inept Drew Bledsoe while Losman gets more time to learn. Warner to Bruce sounds pretty good to me; especially with the pass protection our improved line can give him.

209529[/snapback]

Ok, now you've gone too far. Kurt Warner will do worse than Bledsoe here. There is no holt, bruce, and faulk in buffalo and our o-line is half as good as the rams line in his mvp years.

lay off the crack pipe...moulds is our #1, has been for a while, and will be for a while...hes the man...no way Isaac "i pulled my hammy again" bruce could ever compare to moulds...

209531[/snapback]

Last year, I heard a lot of people saying that Travis was our #1 back and that McGahee could never compare to him.

Ok, now you've gone too far. Kurt Warner will do worse than Bledsoe here. There is no holt, bruce, and faulk in buffalo and our o-line is half as good as the rams line in his mvp years.

209533[/snapback]

The Giants had a lot less talent on offense than we did, yet Warner's QB rating for 2004 was ten points higher than Bledsoe's for the same year.

Moulds = Bigger and more physical, younger, willing to restructure to bring in more help..Not to mention a PROVEN veteran leader on this team reguardless of what the statistics may tell you..I'd have no reason to cut moulds and go after Bruce because he scored a few more touchdowns and his ypc is up a few more yards then erics..not to mention ST LOUIS IS A PASS HAPPY OFFENSE..so of course bruce is going to bring the numbers..Bruce will get here and get less production anyway..

Moulds = Bigger and more physical, younger, willing to restructure to bring in more help..Not to mention a PROVEN veteran leader on this team reguardless of what the statistics may tell you..I'd have no reason to cut moulds and go after Bruce because he scored a few more touchdowns and his ypc is up a few more yards then erics..not to mention ST LOUIS IS A PASS HAPPY OFFENSE..so of course bruce is going to bring the numbers..Bruce will get here and get less production anyway..

209537[/snapback]

Moulds was 7th in the league in terms of passes thrown to. He was in the perfect situation to get a ton of yards: a run oriented team to take the pressure off the pass, and a ton of passes getting thrown his way to give him the lion's share of what passing yards there were. Only getting 1000 yards in that kind of situation isn't enough to justify $8.7 million a year.

The Giants had a lot less talent on offense than we did, yet Warner's QB rating for 2004 was ten points higher than Bledsoe's for the same year.

209536[/snapback]

I wouldn't say a lot less talent. The giants' o-line was pretty bad, ours was ok i'll say. However, he did have a solid running back in tiki barber and a solid receiver in amani toomer. Also, Jeremy Shockey is a nice target.

I really don't think Warner would work in Buffalo because he is the same type of QB that bledsoe is. Pocket passer, needs time and weapons, very high maintenance. Give me a QB with a decent arm and some pocket awareness to go with moderate mobility and I will be happy.

I wouldn't say a lot less talent. The giants' o-line was pretty bad, ours was ok i'll say. However, he did have a solid running back in tiki barber and a solid receiver in amani toomer. Also, Jeremy Shockey is a nice target.

I really don't think Warner would work in Buffalo because he is the same type of QB that bledsoe is. Pocket passer, needs time and weapons, very high maintenance. Give me a QB with a decent arm and some pocket awareness to go with moderate mobility and I will be happy.

209545[/snapback]

I see what you're saying, but Tom Brady is also a pocket passer without mobility, and he's done okay. If Warner could succeed on a team without an offensive line, imagine what he could do if he got the decent to good pass protection the Bills offense now has.

I see what you're saying, but Tom Brady is also a pocket passer without mobility, and he's done okay. If Warner could succeed on a team without an offensive line, imagine what he could do if he got the decent to good pass protection the Bills offense now has.

209546[/snapback]

Ok, I hear ya. I guess I just can't take any QB seriously who has played for the rams. When warner was there the offense was unstoppable. Now Bulger is there and the offense is still very explosive. I just think it's his weapons moreso than him. The way I look at it, if you put Bledsoe on those rams teams, I'm thinking we would have seen the same results.

Ok, I hear ya. I guess I just can't take any QB seriously who has played for the rams. When warner was there the offense was unstoppable. Now Bulger is there and the offense is still very explosive. I just think it's his weapons moreso than him. The way I look at it, if you put Bledsoe on those rams teams, I'm thinking we would have seen the same results.

209549[/snapback]

If it's his weapons, we should sign Bruce. :)

Moulds was 7th in the league in terms of passes thrown to. He was in the perfect situation to get a ton of yards: a run oriented team to take the pressure off the pass, and a ton of passes getting thrown his way to give him the lion's share of what passing yards there were. Only getting 1000 yards in that kind of situation isn't enough to justify $8.7 million a year.

209541[/snapback]

you need to look at how moulds was used this year..he had a lot of short passes thrown his way..he wasnt used the same this year as he normally has been..i read somewhere (cant remember if it was a post or a news article) that moulds ran a lot of slot and cross patterns this year....this means he usually cought the ball only 5 - 10 yards from LOS...bruce most likely ran posts... theres another post somewhere that makes more sense and says we should try to get looker from STL...this sounds better: moulds/evans/looker/reed/fast freddie

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

ERIC MOULDS!

He's loyal, smart, driven, hard-working, patient, full of leadership, knows when to speak out and when to be silent, and is one HELL of a good football player. Without Drew and with a competent QB, he would have challenged Andre's records eventually. Besmirching the name of Eric Moulds or even ATTEMPTING to want to try and replace him with anyone would be ludicrous. He's stuck with us through the horrible times of Flutie and Johnson, and so I'm sticking with him.

Can I get an amen????

ERIC MOULDS!

He's loyal, smart, driven, hard-working, patient, full of leadership, knows when to speak out and when to be silent, and is one HELL of a good football player. Without Drew and with a competent QB, he would have challenged Andre's records eventually. Besmirching the name of Eric Moulds or even ATTEMPTING to want to try and replace him with anyone would be ludicrous. He's stuck with us through the horrible times of Flutie and Johnson, and so I'm sticking with him.

Can I get an amen????

209559[/snapback]

Moulds isn't the player you're making him out to be. He has too many drops. One thing you can say about the Patriots' receivers is they don't drop passes. That's why they were able to go on so many clock-killing drives against Indy.

Can Moulds be part of the solution? I don't see how. If you want to go on a 15 play drive, you can't have receivers drop passes the way he does. If you want to score in just a few plays, you need to have a LOT higher a yards per catch average than Moulds does. Moulds is just good enough to get you beat.

209533[/snapback]

Warner played better for the Giants than Bledsoe did for the Bills this year. And with less talent on offense and a worse defense/ST to provide field position/turnovers.

If we could trade Drew for Warner straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But it's not enough of an upgrade to waste any cap space on.