Is TJ Graham any good?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peerless Price used to drop a lot of balls when he was a rookie, but he ended up being pretty solid. However, I doubt TJ will even be as good as Peerless was in his prime.

Peerless price has one good season in his career. If that's the ceiling for Graham you can just cut him now develop someone else.

TJ has no good seasons yet.

In 1 1/2 seasons... lots of rational thought went in to that analysis, I am sure.

Heck, really couldn't even say he played last season. Fitz would leave him wide open down field all day long.

Edited by jboyst62

I still have hope for the guy. He is constantly beating his man downfield, but he's yet to have a ball hit him in stride like Goodwin has.

In the Clowns game Tuel Time hit him right in the hands in stride and he didn't catch it.

Also, I like his weird TD dance. Want to see him do it more often.

I'm old school and I admit it, but TD dances are dumb.

It's a good thing we waited on Eric Moulds to develop. Also, I hear all this talk about the fact that TJ was taking over Russell Martin. Guess what, so were probably 65 to 80 other guys and I am betting that only about 20% panned out to be above average players if that. The Bills can't hit on every pick and I think their last few drafts have been as good or better than most of the other 32 teams in the league. TJ might never be good but give the guy at least the length of his contract before showing him the door.

Peerless price has one good season in his career. If that's the ceiling for Graham you can just cut him now develop someone else.

Peerless Price played in the NFL for 9 years. If by good year you mean eclipsing 1,000 yards then yes he had one good year. If every NFL team cut their receivers who failed to turn out consist 1,000 yard seasons each team would have about one WR.

TJ has come a long way since his first showings last year.

On the positive Graham is running good routes , crisp even. learning how to use his hands to get off the line . And is play call aware , plays his role very well.

This year has been much better effort at blocking on both run play and passes. much more aware and effective in those areas.

Which is good and shows hope because he has progressed at those skills nicely for a little fella.

But he looks like Leodis did all those painful previous years when the ball gets close. ( Leodis has seen the light now :wub: ! )

I think strongly Graham needs to learn and prepare (get coached up ) for the hit and how to flow when the ball is near his hands. In traffic he seems nervous and when tightly covered he gets all hinky and acting weird,

Maybe Incognito should send him a tweet or something :bag: .

Seriously though , i am torn with the kid right now. His stock is sinking it seems lately.

Kid has got to do better getting those footballs pulled in and secure.

Go TJ !

Peerless Price played in the NFL for 9 years. If by good year you mean eclipsing 1,000 yards then yes he had one good year. If every NFL team cut their receivers who failed to turn out consist 1,000 yard seasons each team would have about one WR.

Incorrect.

They would have the same number of receivers they have today.

Incase you haven't noticed teams do cut WRs that don't put up consist 1000 yard seasons.

Unless you're name is Calvin or Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, AJ Green, Dez Bryant or Julio Jones you're probably going to be playing for multiple teams in your career.

I guess you can add Stevie Johnson who put up 3 1000 yard seasons in a row.

Incorrect.

Incase you haven't noticed teams do cut WRs that don't put up consist 1000 yard seasons.

Unless you're name is Calvin or Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, AJ Green, Dez Bryant or Julio Jones you're probably going to be playing for multiple teams in your career.

You've outdone yourself. Lets see how far you can go.

Since you're under the impression that the benchmark for cut or not should be 1,000 yard seasons, lets examine how many players crossed that mark during the last full season. The answer is 20. Since only the best receivers in the game meet or exceed this mark consistently do you think 3rd and 4th receivers should be held to this standard? Is there just no room on an NFL roster for the guys averaging 45 catches and 500 yards? Can you field a team where every guy is pro bowl caliber?

Incorrect.

The gentleman mentioned early that each team would have about One receiver.

i missed that at first too.

But of course Bills need bodies to run plays .

You've outdone yourself. Lets see how far you can go.

Since you're under the impression that the benchmark for cut or not should be 1,000 yard seasons, lets examine how many players crossed that mark during the last full season. The answer is 20. Since only the best receivers in the game meet or exceed this mark consistently do you think 3rd and 4th receivers should be held to this standard? Is there just no room on an NFL roster for the guys averaging 45 catches and 500 yards? Can you field a team where every guy is pro bowl caliber?

I'm not under an impression about an imaginary benchmark.

Teams cut WRs. Fast guys that can't catch are a dime a dozen.

Graham, like most promising WRs will be cut it is only a matter of time because he has promise but is clear he is not capable.

I don't understand what is so confusing about the situation.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm not under an impression about an imaginary benchmark.

Teams cut WRs. Fast guys that can't catch are a dime a dozen.

Graham, like most promising WRs will be cut it is only a matter of time because he has promise but is clear he is not capable.

I don't understand what is so confusing about the situation.

You declared that anyone with a ceiling of Peerless Price should be cut. Peerless was a solid and productive player for the better part of a decade. Your standard of measure is ridiculous. Graham's career would be a resounding success if he were to measure up to Peerless Price. If Graham has one pro bowl year, that'd be absolutely spectacular.

Stated again in slightly different terms, if teams cut everyone who was on Price's level or worse, they wouldn't have enough receivers to run a 3 wideout set. We'd be lining up only one man on the outside.

You declared that anyone with a ceiling of Peerless Price should be cut. Peerless was a solid and productive player for the better part of a decade. Your standard of measure is ridiculous. Graham's career would be a resounding success if he were to measure up to Peerless Price. If Graham has one pro bowl year, that'd be absolutely spectacular.

Stated again in slightly different terms, if teams cut everyone who was on Price's level or worse, they wouldn't have enough receivers to run a 3 wideout set. We'd be lining up only one man on the outside.

Peerless Price was cut 3 different times in his career.

Clearly teams will not cut all WRs so they cannot line up a full formation. I don't really understand why you said that twice now.

Graham is not a good football player he will be cut by the Bills with almost 100% certainly. My guess is March or August of 2014.

I hold players to a higher standard than Peerless Price. You're allowed to think that is ridiculous.

Peerless Price was cut 3 different times in his career.

Clearly teams will not cut all WRs so they cannot line up a full formation. I don't really understand why you said that twice now.

Graham is not a good football player he will be cut by the Bills with almost 100% certainly. My guess is March or August of 2014.

I hold players to a higher standard than Peerless Price. You're allowed to think that is ridiculous.

Clearly.