[closed]What have you seen in EJ Manuel so far?

UBBullsfan

I think we should take a qb in the 1st round again. It's the most important position in football to get right. I honestly haven't been impressed, and I think anyone without a Bills bias would tell you that so far he is a below average quarterback. Yes he's a rookie but I don't care who you hire to re-train his qb mechanics. Didn't do Fitz any good

poor footwork.

A strong preference for Wood over SJ.

Unwilling to keep it on the read-option, which I am sick of.

Too many underthrows. I'd rather have an overthrow 10/10. Including ones that sail 10 yards out of bounds. Zero chance for interception.

(btw, the Bills never run pre-snap motion. I have watched every game on Rewind. I saw it for the first time all season on 1st and goal against KC. IMHO, motion helps young qbs and also helps receivers get off the line).

Edited by maddenboy

I think we should take a qb in the 1st round again. It's the most important position in football to get right. I honestly haven't been impressed, and I think anyone without a Bills bias would tell you that so far he is a below average quarterback. Yes he's a rookie but I don't care who you hire to re-train his qb mechanics. Didn't do Fitz any good

Fitz was head to toe bad mechanics. EJ has poor footwork on the move. Anytime he has time his throws are solid. Problem being we've had a big hole at LG (better now at least) that caused him to move more and throw poorly.

I still have hope for him to develop in the next few weeks against weaker opponents (minus the Jets).

Oh, and welcome to the board.

I've seen every intangible I could want in my QB.

As to the mechanical fixes and the comparison to Fitz, they aren't the same issue at all. EJ is all from the waist down and that can be readily fixed. Fitz's issue has more to do with his motion, which is atrocious because it requires so much motion. EJ's motion is extremely economical, especially for someone of his length.

GO BILLS!!!

You have stated pretty mich the same as the OP of this thread. No need to start a new thread

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/163428-ej-manuel-bias/page__st__40#entry2968763