RIP Houston Astrodome

Don't worry play man, no one is talking about blowing you up!

Kind of sad. I am just a softy for the old stadiums. As a Mets fan I miss Shea Stadium, if even though it was not very nice. Very few of the new stadiums have any charachter too them. Maybe that is because only the corporate suits could afford sitting anywhere near the field. But man that Astrodome when it got rocking was as loud as any stadium I have ever seen. Do any of you remember when Billy Hatcher hit the tying hr in extra innings against the mets in game 6 of the 1986 NLCS. It was in extra innings & a few inning before the Mets won it to close out the series. That place exploded. I think it was hatcher that hit the HR, it might of been Kevin Bass though now that I think of it. The playoff games the Astrodome held for football, the house of noise. Sadly, professional sports with the stadiums the way they are just don't match that excitement anymore. It is kind of sad.

Edited by Gordio

Kind of sad. I am just a softy for the old stadiums. As a Mets fan I miss Shea Stadium, if even though it was not very nice. Very few of the new stadiums have any charachter too them. Maybe that is because only the corporate suits could afford sitting anywhere near the field. But man that Astrodome when it got rocking was as loud as any stadium I have ever seen. Do any of you remember when Billy Hatcher hit the tying hr in extra innings against the mets in game 6 of the 1986 NLCS. It was in extra innings & a few inning before the Mets won it to close out the series. That place exploded. I think it was hatcher that hit the HR, it might of been Kevin Bass though now that I think of it. The playoff games the Astrodome held for football, the house of noise. Sadly, professional sports with the stadiums the way they are just don't match that excitement anymore. It is kind of sad.

I hear you, Gordio, I really do. However, please keep in mind that those great memories don't live inside the stadium, they live inside you and everyone else whose been there and we take that with us.