RIP Chef

Chef Jim

Damn..54. I have never worked in the restaurant biz, but i can sense the stress it can put on people. Coupled with the coach things this weekend..people my age dropping, and that aint a comfortable thought!

BTW, i have never been to his place...did he only have the one place in Chicago?

I think he has another location in Vegas. Most top Chefs do. And that is why I got out. The stress can be incredible and the hours are insane. We always said you never see old Chefs. They either moved on to another career or they died too young.

I'm interested in references in that article about "difficulties" he had with former employees, and that odd incident with the high school kids. Wonder what more comes out of this story and what will be the official cause of death.

The great ones are often quite eclectic/bizarre/enigmatic. Very sorry for his wife and son.

I'm interested in references in that article about "difficulties" he had with former employees, and that odd incident with the high school kids. Wonder what more comes out of this story and what will be the official cause of death.

The great ones are often quite eclectic/bizarre/enigmatic. Very sorry for his wife and son.

the article said he had a brain aneurysm..that was known about and he didnt have much time anyway...couldnt fly,exercise..very tough.

This was supposed to be the title of a Stadium Wall thread after the Bills won this past Sunday!

RIP Chefs!

Err, that would have been RIP Chiefs! :doh:

This news is sad. The world is elevated by better cooking. Food is love.

May he rest in peace. The world is diminished by his leaving so soon.

Edited by Nanker

Alcohol and hard core drug abuse is so prevalent in the industry as well. Add stress of being on your feet for 13 hours or more a day in sweltering heat and you have a ticking time bomb.

Yeah, I heard that someplace. <_<

Can I give you some advice about thread titles?

Thanks for the offer of advice but I don't need any advice. The key to getting people to open your thread is to get people excited about what the contents of that thread may actually be. The report of my death, though rejoiced, was greatly exaggerated.

Edited by Chef Jim

Thanks for the offer of advice but I don't need any advice. The key to getting people to open your thread is to get people excited about what the contents of that thread may actually be. The report of my death, though rejoiced, was greatly exaggerated.

& here I thought you were all about sticking it to the man. You are THE MAN, man.