Best 3-6 team on the planet

mart

Being a "good" 3-6 team may not matter to fans, but you bet your ass it does to GMs. General mangers grade each player individually. They don't go "Wow they're 3-6, every player must suck." There is quite a lot of talent on this team and only a delusional person can't see it.

We are the best 3-6 team on the planet, and the Chiefs must be the worse 9-0 team in the history

of the game. Any one know one worse, speak up.

Tough one for the team, coaches, fans and management.It is hard, but let!s stop with the blame

game and move on. One word though to Mr. Grahm. Your after game comment, "He made a good

defensive play. I had it tucked. It can happen to anybody". The defense did what they are paid to

do. You are paid to catch the ball, and protect it and you did not do it. The worse thing you did was

not to admit you messed up. If you had moved the ball closer to your body and covered it,

it would have not "happen to anybody".

I don't believe in moral victories. And I'm extremely disappointed in our record.

However, I agree that we are a MUCH better team than our record indicates.

We spent the first 5 games with an absolutely decimated secondary. Stephon Gilmore and Jairus Byrd were both hurt. Leodis McKelvin and Ron Brooks missed quite a bit of time. Forced to start guys like Justin Rogers. Forced to move Aaron Williams back to a position he stinks at. Those injuries contributed heavily to our losses to New England and New York.

We have spent the last 4 1/2 games being led by our 3rd/4th string quarterbacks. Jeff Tuel's play certainly cost us the game yesterday, and probably the loss at Cleveland too.

The front office certainly deserves some blame for the lack of depth. However, it's extremely rare (outside of Buffalo at least) for any team to get ravaged by injuries this bad. Most teams would pack it in when the starting QB goes down for a significant period of time. We were on our 4th option Sunday and seriously outplayed a 9-0 team.

I'm very impressed with the 2013 rookie class. And I've seen great improvement over the last 2 weeks from Nathaniel Hackett - who I felt was dragging the team down with terrible play calling.

If EJ can continue to develop, we are close. Real close.

Of the hundreds, perhaps more college senior QBs how many will turn out to be elite NFL

quarterbacks? One or two.

Time to call it a night boys and girls. We have all day tomorrow to cry in our milk, water,

soda, tea, or whatever else is the pleasure.

Nope. When Jauron's putrid teams were going 7-9, I don't think anyone thought we were better than our record. If anything, those teams overachieved, at least from a W-L perspective. The Chiefs are 9-0 and we are 3-6. Did we look that much worse than them yesterday? There is some luck (and lack thereof) involved in a lot of teams' W-L records in today's NFL.

the Bills make their own bad luck by their poor game mgmt ,mistakes,and choking.

was watching Tivo of sunday night football Colts v. Texans. They put up a stat:

14 teams who were 3-5 have made the playoffs in the modern era. Including two teams from 2012.

I know we are 3-6. But keep hope alive.

We have some good players. And all of our players, even the scrubs, play hard. Are we winning the Super Bowl this year? No. Is that the goal for every season? Yes. But I think our glass is more than half full. Just like KC last year and the Colts two years ago. We MUST HAVE A FRANCHISE QB. Then all the talent we have will begin to shine.

Until then, channeling Parcells, we are what our record says we are. period.

Edited by maddenboy

We are the best 3-6 team on the planet

Back where I come from we call this putting lipstick on a pig. Might look a little better, but it's still a pig.

The way we lose games is the way a lot of bad teams lose games. Play tough, hard, but lose by doing something dumb while the good teams come up with big plays when needed. The loss Sunday looked a lot like the Tampa Bay loss to Seattle and the Rams loss to Seattle the week before. Also looked a lot like the Texans loss last night.

Until we stop with the dumb stuff and someone steps up to make a play (like maybe Graham on the 4th and 3 play), we'll continue to be a bad team and lose.

Actually I looked this up. There is only one other 3-6 team on the planet. The St. Louis Rams. Are we better than them? Not sure. Not sure how you would judge that since we have the same record.

In my opinon EJ Manuel I our guy...BUT.....what about the backup QB position? I would like to see them do what they did this year........trade down.....pick up another 2nd rounder.....and pick up a stud TE with the 1st...a mauling LG in the second AND take another QB in the 2nd round (and one will fall if there are so many good ones) This is not meant to supplant EJ....its meant to make sure we have someone to compete with Thad for that backup spot

In my opinon EJ Manuel I our guy...BUT.....what about the backup QB position?

I'm hoping that if Coach Marrone doesn't learn anything else from this season, he does learn the importance of a backup QB and has us prepared next year. Chicago won tonight because they had a good backup QB and the Packers didn't. The Clowns beat us because they had a backup QB that could play and we didn't. Starting QBs get hurt. You gotta have a good backup or you're toast (like us).

Edited by reddogblitz

They may be the best 3-6 team on the planet, as you claim. But they are 3-6, & that's all that matters. On the bright side, the team is on a path to grabbing a top QB in the draft. My choice is Marcus Mariota.

Why do you think we need a QB? EJ is a rookie, Tuel is a rookie, and the amount of time Thad has had... He is a rookie. Just wait and see how they turn out.

In my opinon EJ Manuel I our guy...BUT.....what about the backup QB position? I would like to see them do what they did this year........trade down.....pick up another 2nd rounder.....and pick up a stud TE with the 1st...a mauling LG in the second AND take another QB in the 2nd round (and one will fall if there are so many good ones) This is not meant to supplant EJ....its meant to make sure we have someone to compete with Thad for that backup spot

Why waste a second on a QB. Thad is pretty decent.

You bring up an interesting point. My guess is this team will end up in 5-7 win range which should get them a top 12 or pick. This upcoming draft is going to be a top heavy draft when it comes to the QB position. II mean you got Bridgewater, Marriotta, Manzel, Boyd, Hundley(possibly), Pachall, Braxton Miller, Mccarron, Murray, Morris, Price, Manion. I mean this draft is loaded with QBs.

IMO, only Bridgewater (1st overall) and Manziel (if you think he keeps his issues in check), since I doubt Mariota or Miller declares. I'm not a fan of Boyd at all.

This QB class is fairly deep, but not that good. Certainly weaker than 2012.

While I'd love if the Bills were open to drafting another QB to compete with Manuel, I really doubt it happens. I question if they'll even consider it, but we'll also be picking too low to take Bridgewater/Manziel... same situation every year, sigh.

IMO, only Bridgewater (1st overall) and Manziel (if you think he keeps his issues in check), since I doubt Mariota or Miller declares. I'm not a fan of Boyd at all.

This QB class is fairly deep, but not that good. Certainly weaker than 2012.

While I'd love if the Bills were open to drafting another QB to compete with Manuel, I really doubt it happens. I question if they'll even consider it, but we'll also be picking too low to take Bridgewater/Manziel... same situation every year, sigh.

Why do you doubt Mariota declares for the draft? I would be shocked if he didn't. He will probably be first player picked and he's smart enough to learn from Matt Barkley's mistake. The only reason I could see him sticking around is if he does not want to play in Jacksonville, which I could certainly understand. I also disagree that this class is "certainly weaker than 2012". That remains to be seen. I would argue that this class has more depth than 2012 and maybe just as much talent at the top end, too. I do agree, though, that the Bills probably will not be drafting early enough to get one of the top three guys.

Every year we fans sit around and nod in agreement "we're so much better than our record".

Gotta love moral victories.

If they can develop Manual this year I'll be happy with the moral victories unlike in years past. If they can't, it's same old same old.

Edited by MDH