ot - any one have a cat that chases --

mead107

yes the vet knows about her tail . she has been making it raw for 6 years every winter . she bites it some times during the summer . no i did not have sex with the cat ,i get to much fur in my mouth when i try to lick it. ---- the vet put her on proszak, [ not sure of the spelling ] did not help. has it raw right now .

yes the vet knows about her tail . she has been making it raw for 6 years every winter . she bites it some times during the summer . no i did not have sex with the cat ,i get to much fur in my mouth when i try to lick it. ---- the vet put her on proszak, [ not sure of the spelling ] did not help. has it raw right now .

209618[/snapback]

Not an indoor/outdoor cat, is she?

yes she is . she has been checked for mites .

209680[/snapback]

Could be that she gets frustrated at not being as free to go out in the winter months, and expresses it by attacking her tail. Assuming, of course, she's not as free to go out...does she go out much in the winter?

If that's the case, "kitty prozac" would theoretically take care of it. But the preferred medication for cats, I believe, is buproprion/Wellbutrin. I'll look it up tonight when I get home...

Could be that she gets frustrated at not being as free to go out in the winter months, and expresses it by attacking her tail.  Assuming, of course, she's not as free to go out...does she go out much in the winter? 

If that's the case, "kitty prozac" would theoretically take care of it.  But the preferred medication for cats, I believe, is buproprion/Wellbutrin.  I'll look it up tonight when I get home...

209780[/snapback]

she likes being out

Could be that she gets frustrated at not being as free to go out in the winter months, and expresses it by attacking her tail.  Assuming, of course, she's not as free to go out...does she go out much in the winter? 

If that's the case, "kitty prozac" would theoretically take care of it.  But the preferred medication for cats, I believe, is buproprion/Wellbutrin.  I'll look it up tonight when I get home...

209780[/snapback]

Extreme cabin fever?