e.j. unlikely before the bye

KikO M G

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I said after they added Flynn that I thought he'd return for Atlanta, after the bye and play final 5 --- if the Bills Dr's were more optimistic, I think the Bills would have stuck with Lewis/Tuel and Dixon on PS --- with a longer timeline, they added another arm --- it's a shame, because Manuel's development has been haulted and the Bills FO evaluation of him as a franchise QB has been delayed and clouded --- to me, it's more about the future and whether EJ's the guy than it is on whether we win a few more this year and go 8-8 or 9-7 vs. 6-10 or 7-9

I said after they added Flynn that I thought he'd return for Atlanta, after the bye and play final 5 --- if the Bills Dr's were more optimistic, I think the Bills would have stuck with Lewis/Tuel and Dixon on PS --- with a longer timeline, they added another arm --- it's a shame, because Manuel's development has been haulted and the Bills FO evaluation of him as a franchise QB has been delayed and clouded --- to me, it's more about the future and whether EJ's the guy than it is on whether we win a few more this year and go 8-8 or 9-7 vs. 6-10 or 7-9

Perfectly stated.

At this point the damage to EJ's inaugural season has already been done.

It's unfortunate but there's no need to rush him back.

It's more realistic to accept that his development as a player and the Bills evaluation of him has been stunted by injuries.

Interesting given this tweet from Tim Graham: "Bills QB EJ Manuel has been going through a lengthy workout on the field. Nothing grueling, but he's dropping back and firing the ball."

Joe B saying the same thing! Said EJ looks like he's going full speed...

I'm missing something here. Manuel getting hurt precludes the team from drafting or otherwise acquiring a QB? If a guy they like is 'there' when they pick they better gobble him up.

I'm confused.

How is it Fred Jackson, a runningback can play the next week on an MCL Sprain, yet EJ is out for 6 weeks with one?

Is this kid made of glass?

All sprains are not created equal. I "sprained" my ACL once, and it was actually torn halfway through. It's my understanding that with knee ligaments, a partial tear is referred to as a "sprain" of varying grades.

MCL and LCL sprains heal themselves - even full tears, with immobilization, but the time it takes depends on the severity of the tear. ACL and PCL have very little blood supply, so they tend not to heal much at all without surgical reconstruction.

Freddy's MCL sprain was probably very superficial, whereas EJ probably tore a good part of the way through his LCL.

Edited by skibum

I'm missing something here. Manuel getting hurt precludes the team from drafting or otherwise acquiring a QB? If a guy they like is 'there' when they pick they better gobble him up.

However you can name the instances of NFL team's drafting a promising young quarterback AFTER already drafting a promising young quarterback on one hand.

There was the Steve Walsh-Troy Aikman occurrence.

Stretching it you could say RG3-Kirk Cousins.

More often it's a situation where teams have passed on one of the top draftable QBs in favor of giving the first guy ample time to develop/be evaluated as in the situation of Blaine Gabbert.

However you can name the instances of NFL team's drafting a promising young quarterback AFTER already drafting a promising young quarterback on one hand.

There was the Steve Walsh-Troy Aikman occurrence.

Stretching it you could say RG3-Kirk Cousins.

More often it's a situation where teams have passed on one of the top draftable QBs in favor of giving the first guy ample time to develop/be evaluated as in the situation of Blaine Gabbert.

We don't know if we have a promising young qb. We hope we do, but we have not seen enough to know. Unless you prefer that the Bills wait 2-3 seasons to figure that out??? There are other examples too, just depends on how you define young. SF acquired Steve Young when Montana was in his prime. How did that work? GB chose Rogers when Farve had plenty in the tank. Mallett to the pats*

I prefer we dig out of this lower mediocrity level we've been in for the past decade. A QB, THE QB, will be what brings the team out. That could be Manuel...or it could not be him. We don't know.

When I was riding the scoot home this morning the guys on WGR were saying EJ was out there...doing drop-backs and throws and that he looked good in their eyes...for whatever thats worth.

I'm guessing he returns after the bye but I'll be OK if its sooner than that !

Coach Marrone said Wk 11 vs. NYJ possible, not likely. RT @shane_the_mac: @ChrisBrownBills what's the soonest game EJ could be back for?

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrownBills

I think he is simply guessing at this point. Chris Brown has no idea...

I still think he will be back next week. Joe B seems to think he looks good in pre game warm ups today.

Another over reaction if you ask me.

I think he is simply guessing at this point. Chris Brown has no idea...

I still think he will be back next week. Joe B seems to think he looks good in pre game warm ups today.

Another over reaction if you ask me.

Either uninformed or towing the company line. I too wouldn't read much into this. We'll see how he progresses.

This sucks as I was really thinking based on what Marrone indicated last week that EJ could be a full go in practice this week. I was really thinking he was going to play against the Steelers. Maybe CB didn't want to get anyone in a lather by saying that though and then putting Marrone in a tough spot.