Jeff Tuel strengths?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuel has bracers that give +5 to Charisma and a bonus to Cold based spells

Post of the day right there.

Whomever gets the call at QB this week, whether it's Tuel or Flynn or Lewis, expect KC to throw the kitchen sink at him. They'll be blitzing, stacking, baiting, and confusing him. At least it will be at home...

I went from really excited about this game and thinking that the Bills were going to win to dreading it. I said it in another thread but of the roughly 100 QBs in the NFL I seriously believe that Tuel is right around #100. It's a sad day when you are wishing that your team had found a way to acquire a McCown.

If we're going to be honest with ourselves, sustaining two knee injuries in his first six games, including preseason, is most certainly cause for concern. How many games did Phil Simms miss in his first season due to injury? I recall you being extremely critical of Kolb for being injury prone, and, as it turned out, rightly so. But, you seem to be applying a different standard to EJ. I think the value you place on your own opinions/predictions is clouding your judgement.

I was not critical of Kolb because he was injury prone, I was critical because he was given two opportunities as a starter and failed. I believe Simms missed no games his rookie year. It was the next three seasons that he was injured. I'm not sure why that matters. Each of his injuries were more significant than either of EJ's.

In all sincerity, you could very well be correct given two knee injuries in such a short span of time. However, I must say that the second injury was entirely preventable and I hope moving forward that EJ will mitigate the risk by getting OOB in such situations.

Yes it was. Not only that, the DB went full force into his knee. Nobody walks away from that hit. It does not make him injury prone. The suggestion is non-sensical. Jim from A is on a crusade.

Back to this thread, I don't have any idea what Jeff Tuel's strengths are. The only playing of his that I have ever seen are preseason and the Cleveland game.

I have never seen Matt Flynn play, but somehow I think I prefer him to Tuel.

Maybe we're being to hard on the guy. He was thrust unexpectedly into action on national televised game...and he is a rookie.

Maybe Tuel redeems himself this Sunday, maybe not. But imo, its to early to call this kid an utter complete bust.

I think to be a bust you have to have expectations. He was an undrafted free agent that was 4-22 (I think) in college. My concern is that Tuel is about as good as he has shown over the last 4 years. I don't think that he is a bust; I just don't think that he is very good.

Wow, the angst on this particular thread may have reach a TBD low. The kid was thrown into one very difficult situation and it didn't turn out well, I think (hope) he'll rebound this week and silences all the critics here. He just has to protect the ball, hit a few passed, and not turn it over.

By the way, if there is anyone that deserves the anger, how about EJ Manuel? It was his very un-needed and un-intelligent decision to turn a first down 11 yard run and sideline exit, into a 13 yard run and deliberate decision to take a hit. That was an about as dumb of a decision any Bills QB has made in a long long time, and that is saying something. His team has paid dearly for it, and continues to to pay for it.

Anyhow, here's hoping that if Jeff Tuel starts this Sunday, he does well and then all the haters on this thread can, of course, come back and tell us all about his virtues with as much flair, creativity, and enthusiasm as they have demonstrated in this little internet pile-ling-on this thread has become.

GO BILLS!

As a Tuel hater, I would be more than happy to be in the position to post how I wrong I was about him. I certainly don't want him to fail. I usually am a very optimistic fan and try to be objective as much as possible. Just haven't seen anything I like from Tuel and have no faith he is ready for this moment. I hope he doesn't have to play, or if he does, he proves me more wrong than I've ever been. I am not expecting that to happen though.

Wow, the angst on this particular thread may have reach a TBD low. The kid was thrown into one very difficult situation and it didn't turn out well, I think (hope) he'll rebound this week and silences all the critics here. He just has to protect the ball, hit a few passed, and not turn it over.

By the way, if there is anyone that deserves the anger, how about EJ Manuel? It was his very un-needed and un-intelligent decision to turn a first down 11 yard run and sideline exit, into a 13 yard run and deliberate decision to take a hit. That was an about as dumb of a decision any Bills QB has made in a long long time, and that is saying something. His team has paid dearly for it, and continues to to pay for it.

Anyhow, here's hoping that if Jeff Tuel starts this Sunday, he does well and then all the haters on this thread can, of course, come back and tell us all about his virtues with as much flair, creativity, and enthusiasm as they have demonstrated in this little internet pile-ling-on this thread has become.

GO BILLS!

You so eloquently find the words I'm unable to find. Many thanks !

What I'm hearing from everyone is how frustrated our fans are that we are 3-5 b/c we have the injury issue, and having hope with EJ, then losing it with an injury stinks.

We have hope with this team, and I think with good QB play, we can win. I like Thad and hope his ribs are ok for Sunday.

Go Bills!!!