LAX in lockdown - shooting at the airport

Tory and Grant from Mythbusters were in that terminal and are tweeting about it. Said they were in the Virgin Lounge, heard shots and were herded out on the tarmac by the cops.

watching NBC from LA on the web. Gunman reported killed.TSA agent shot and killed, another wounded.

Edited by Wacka

They weren't testing a gun myth, were they?

They do that at the South SF gun range, at a shooting range in one of the regional parks (SF area - probably a few miles south of Chef Jim) or for big stuff, the county bomb range a few miles from where I lived until a year ago. The cannonball oops happened on the other side of town.

They do that at the South SF gun range, at a shooting range in one of the regional parks (SF area - probably a few miles south of Chef Jim) or for big stuff, the county bomb range a few miles from where I lived until a year ago. The cannonball oops happened on the other side of town.

Yeah, that was part of the joke. I remember when they used to test gun and explosives myths sort-of "yeah, wherever" (I still can't believe they tested the exploding trombone myth in a loading dock on someone's back lot). Then one season, they're suddenly at the South SF gun range and Alameda County bomb range, and I thought "Oooh, someone got a talking-to."

They've been using the bomb range for years. The local media has had announcements for years for Dublin, CA (where I used to live and the bomb range is) " If you hear explosions near Camp Parks (the reserve base where the bomb range is), do not be concerned. It's Mythbusters filming an episode". When they are at a local FD , it is the Livermore-Pleasanton training facility in Pleasanton, the town south of Dublin. I like watching the episodes and trying to figure out where they filmed it locally. The quarry they used to blow up a cement truck was near Auburn, CA, in the Sierra foothills. I figured it out from seeing the FD on the fire truck. the car and truck myths are tested at the runways at the closed Alameda Naval AIr Station.They are based in Hunter's Point , near Candlestick Park.

Edited by Wacka

"The man suspected of killing a TSA employee and injuring at least six people in the shooting spree Friday at Los Angeles International Airport carried with him a handwritten note describiing his intent to kill TSA agents and "pigs," a law enforcement official told The Associated Press..."

"A law enforcement who was not authorized to discuss the investigation and spoke on condition anonymity, said the note referred to how the guman believed his constitutional rights were being violated by TSA searches and that he was a "pissed-off patriot" upset at former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano."

"The man suspected of killing a TSA employee and injuring at least six people in the shooting spree Friday at Los Angeles International Airport carried with him a handwritten note describiing his intent to kill TSA agents and "pigs," a law enforcement official told The Associated Press..."

"A law enforcement who was not authorized to discuss the investigation and spoke on condition anonymity, said the note referred to how the guman believed his constitutional rights were being violated by TSA searches and that he was a "pissed-off patriot" upset at former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano."

So in other words, he was a nut job.

In other news, the TSA has just announced a ban on loose pieces of paper from all airports.

So in other words, he was a nut job.

Yes but by association he makes all people who don't like the government into nut jobs who cling to their guns and religion.

Kind of like when a pissed off muslim straps a bomb to his chest and blows up a bunch of bystanders he makes all muslims.....errrrrr nevermind

Some people's breaking points for what they are willing to tolerate is less than others. This man reached his.

Some people's breaking points for what they are willing to tolerate is less than others. This man reached his.

I a well functioning society, when someone decides to go on a hijad against a phantom enemy is not called a breaking point.

I a well functioning society, when someone decides to go on a hijad against a phantom enemy is not called a breaking point.

(I'm playing devils advocate. Might as well at least try to get used to it because Obama, holder and co are going to ramp up their crusade against all who don't want their big government babysiting from cradle to grave, but I digress)

Devils advocate, what is different from what this guy did and what happened when colonists stood up to king George at Lexington and concord?

(I am not condoning this, I haven't even read a report on all the details that have happened)

(I'm playing devils advocate. Might as well at least try to get used to it because Obama, holder and co are going to ramp up their crusade against all who don't want their big government babysiting from cradle to grave, but I digress)

Devils advocate, what is different from what this guy did and what happened when colonists stood up to king George at Lexington and concord?

(I am not condoning this, I haven't even read a report on all the details that have happened)

You don't kill a bank teller because you're pissed at the banks, or a pipe wielder cause you're mad at the Koch Brothers or a TSA worker because you hate the police state we have become- if you can't cut off the head you grin and bear it, futile acts of violence are evil.

Who is Jeff Tuel? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was from Townawanda. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Jason LaCanfora tell it, anybody could have worked for Tuel. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

And like that, poof. He's gone.